Bad To Worse

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nevdully's

Bad To Worse

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 pm

As some might have read there was a problem with one of the new leagues filling.....

It's another glaring example of things going from bad to worse

Bad, just like the past 10 years in this way...The problem here is, selecting to Frenzy when that option is not currently available...How any new customer would know this is beyond me...but management here doesn't even consider that....it doesn't temporarily remove that option...or grey it out....or post next to it in red shiny letters "temporarily unavailable" This sloppiness has been par for the course.

Made Worse now, because in the past, once this mistake was brought to Bernie's attention he would have been much more pro active, communicative and have the problem solved much sooner...Yes when a specific league problem got to Bernie he was Johnny on the spot 24/7 most of the time....now with this gag order placed on or by him, the response is "probably fixed in a day" :roll: ...What an unwanted mess for customers wanting to play...typical bad, now made worse.

macnole

Re: Bad To Worse

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 9:49 pm

that does sound like a raw deal...not getting it...seems simple to rectify

agabriel

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 12:24 am

Bernie!!!! Why?! Why hast thou forsaken us?!?!

Sincerely, the Crucified

PJ Axelsson

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 am

I'm pretty patient and understanding but all the messes here are really wearing me down too.

So we now have three forums? A new one, an archived temporary forum, and an archived TSN forum? No posting allowed on the archives?

So confusing and convoluted. I think Henry/Warner/Lucchino are running this thing.

I'm sure this will get edited or censored but does anyone have an alternative online game that they play that they can recommend? I'm sure I'll continue to fumble around here with strat but they've made it clear that we all ought to go check out the market.

:|

coyote303

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 1:15 pm

PJ Axelsson wrote:I'm pretty patient and understanding but all the messes here are really wearing me down too.

So we now have three forums? A new one, an archived temporary forum, and an archived TSN forum? No posting allowed on the archives?

So confusing and convoluted...

I like your idea you posted in the Wish List forum about a Notepad application. However, I'm not sure what you would have SOM do concerning the forums. If you think what they did is confusing, I can only image how much worse it would be if you could post to the two archived forums. Personally, I think it's great we now have access to the old postings. In fact, originally we were told the temporary forum would simply be deleted. Would you have preferred that? (That was a rhetorical question!)

I appreciate you gave a specific reason to why you're unhappy. Just color me surprised you think this is an issue.

Even if combining three databases that use three different applications isn't massive and/or impractical, I'd rather see resources going toward something else. Maybe even your Notepad application idea!

:)

PJ Axelsson

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Just another weird thing I guess. Why did they have a temporary forum in the first place? Shouldn't that have been something they had ready before the transition? I am happy to have all the old posts accessible, maybe they should pull out the even older forums and have four sets?

At least now I have my links set so that I can access the old, the temporary, and the new.

gkhd11a

A picture of logic and reason

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 4:31 pm

coyote303

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 8:06 pm

PJ Axelsson wrote:...Why did they have a temporary forum in the first place? Shouldn't that have been something they had ready before the transition?

They wanted to have a single sign-on, like there was on the TSN site. The task proved more difficult than they anticipated, so it ended up taking longer than planned. The temp forum probably would have just been deleted (as planned) if the permanent forum got put up as soon as they hoped. So, I think their decision to archive the temp forum was a good one.

PJ Axelsson

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 9:51 pm

A lot of things proved to be more difficult than they anticipated...

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats