MODS/Options for Strat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

scorehouse

MODS/Options for Strat

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 11:37 am

Being a Strategic Wargamer MODS greatly enhance your experience and interest. few MODs/League options I wish Strat would Incorporate into available League Options. Increase Bullpen Options to 3 choices. Change Fielding Ratings. 4's remain the same. all 3's become 2's with a 50% errors increase. All !'s get a 50% error reduction. so a 3/18 becomes a 2/27 and a !/22 would now be a 1/11, etc. Odd numbers would be rounded up so a 1/15 goes to a 1/8 and a 3/17 would be a 2/26. Bring Base Stealing back. Maximum catcher arm would now be a -2, same for Pitcher hold. all Catchers T numbers would be reduced as follows. 1 by 75%, 2 by 50%, 3 by 25%. 4 by 10%. GBDP chances. this adjustment should be Strat wide. all Players with less than 5 GBa's on their card would be exempt from hitting into GBDP's on rolls on the Pitcher's cards. several MLB players rarely hit into GBDP's but their numbers get unrealistically skewed by Pitcher Card roll results. makes no sense when a Mantle, Ruth, Bonds, Hack, McAuliffe, etc. finish the season with 10+ GBDP's? thoughts? options you'd like to see made available? Technologically would this be difficult? Please weigh in. Naysayers remember these would be ELECTIVE LEAGUE SETUP OPTIONS no different than joining a certain Price Cap league, DH League, etc. SIMPLE, If you don't like it, don't join the league.

goffchile

Re: MODS/Options for Strat

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 12:12 pm

Also a wargamer and DnD guy--agree that Strat could do more on allowing commish's to tailor the league but I think many of the above would essentially be playing a different game (not strat) as they would require essential rewrites of the rules/cards and the program that implements those rules. It would be like do you want to play Dnd, Lancer or Warhammer?On a Strat site, you kind of have to pick strato as it is.

I think that allowing the commish's to have more say over roster rules (must carry X starting pitchers, must have X guys on the roster, etc) would be something that could be implemented (don't know enough about the system to say that) and also allowing commish's to either enable or disable certain managerial functions (allowing any number or eliminiting entirely pitcher preferences for example).

Given the advancements in VTT technology--one would think that such things could happen. But then there's the new Baseball Max--maybe it does all of those things and more.

scorehouse

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 12:27 pm

DnD? I'm more of Order of Battle, Panzer General, Ultimate Civil War, etc. never played any that you mentioned. took a look at the Max. seems awful busy for my tastes?

goffchile

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 12:33 pm

Atlhought is game takes place on the interwebs it is a simulation of a card and dice game (which is a simulation of baseball). It isn't a video game and it was never designed as such. It is an attempt to simulate the experience of the card and dice game within the limits of an online experience and with some modifications which are not intended to change the game in a fundamental way.

DonSutton

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 3:42 pm

Mods? Is this guy serious??

scorehouse

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 5:19 pm

I meant MODs in the sense that Strat would modify their game engine to allow more League Options not Game Mods that an individual team could use to enhance their team only against other teams or HAL. most turn based Strategy games are based on card and dice to determine outcomes?

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats