Who will get injured Next??

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Bballexec

Who will get injured Next??

PostMon Dec 25, 2023 1:25 am

I have been waiting to post this thinking the string would end, but so far it has not. Starting in game 10 and going thru game 87 Hal seems bent on have one of my players injured at all times. I have three players with a 1 injury rating. When one returns one of the others gets hurt. Plus a few of the other players are thrown in from time to time.

During this 77 game stretch I have only had my whole team healthy for 4 games. Cree my LF has missed 33 games. Cochrane my Catcher 20 and Roush 13. Liebold my backup OF did miss 6 of those games so that was not quite as bad.

Going into last nights games no one was injured for game 87, but Hal took care of that in game 85 with Alomar getting hurt for two more games. It looks it should be Roush's turn now. Will he go down tonight? Stay Tuned!

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/in ... am/1749254

STEVENSTEFFANNI

Re: Who will get injured Next??

PostMon Dec 25, 2023 10:38 am

I will say only 7 games missed have been by a player who can get injured for no more than 3 games but you have touched on my biggest complaint about this game..I have said this over and over again the injury part is total BS it makes no sense...Pitchers never miss games [ with 50 teams under my belt the only missed game by pitcher was by a RP ] you have guys with 100 AB in the season their card is made for missing less games than a guy with 599 plate appearances and if people dont see a problem with that then dont bitch about how HAL handles bullpens among other things...the vast majority of leagues are allstar teams so any reference to "real life" you can throw out the window...so rather than screw someone who is paying $$$ to participate and then screwing him by injuring his best players for 15 games while other teams have a lineup full guys with less than 300 PA and go through a season rarely missing a game is a slap in the face...dont use the argument of "real life " to make a point on 1 topic and ignore what I feel is the greatest injustice on here....injuries play more of a part on here than people realize whether you are being penalized for being injured often or HAL being your best friend by rarely ever injuring your $2 players

Bballexec

PostTue Dec 26, 2023 3:13 am

Called it, Sort of. Roush was the next injury, but we got one game with no injuries. Then he got injured in game 89 for 2 more games. So now who will get injured in game 92? Could be anyone.

Hack Wilson

PostTue Dec 26, 2023 10:06 am

In real life, baseball players get injured often, probably moreso than in SOM. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Bballexec

PostTue Dec 26, 2023 11:52 pm

Hack Wilson wrote:In real life, baseball players get injured often, probably moreso than in SOM. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

I only posted the thread because I thought It was an interesting sequence of events. I subscribe to the Theory that anything that can happen will happen given enough dice rolls.

Radagast Brown

PostWed Dec 27, 2023 5:06 pm

I don't see a problem with the injuries, they are part of the game, except that are quite correct when they say the pitchers (almost) never get hurt. And in real life it is the other way around.

STEVENSTEFFANNI

PostWed Dec 27, 2023 11:30 pm

injuries are part of the real life game sure but these leagues are not meant to mirror real life if people cant see the difference between guys with 599 PA getting injured as often if not more often than guys with 200 PA and no SP virtually ever missing a game then dont complain HAL does a bad job in other areas..no leagues played on here are anything like real life

Bballexec

PostSat Dec 30, 2023 1:31 am

The injury streak ended at game 91. At this writing we have gone 11 games without an injury. That is the longest stretch of the season.

Ron4yanks

PostSun Dec 31, 2023 6:49 am

I just had my pitcher A. Sanchez injured for 9 games. Usually it’s at most 3 games so they don’t miss a rotation turn. Go figure.

BC15NY

PostSun Dec 31, 2023 9:20 am

Ron4yanks wrote:I just had my pitcher A. Sanchez injured for 9 games. Usually it’s at most 3 games so they don’t miss a rotation turn. Go figure.

Pitchers with less than 200 innings pitched on their card can be injured for up to 15 games.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats