Wish List to Santa SOM365 (incl poll)

Moderator: Palmtana

Support for wish list enhancements for 365--all, some or none (SEE BELOW)

Option 1- Interactive, dynamic stats pages (only)
15%
Option 2- On-demand league simulation (only)
10%
Option 3- Both option 1 and 2
33%
Option 4- Neither of these whether free or not
10%
Option 5- Either option is fine, but with the caveat that I wouldn't pay an additional penny for anything
33%

Total votes : 40

• Author

FrankieT

Re: Wish List to Santa SOM365 (incl poll)

PostWed Dec 27, 2023 9:17 pm

I hadn't thought of the keeper league tools--that is a good idea that would help to give people another way to interact with the product, i.e., keeper leagues are big draws but the downside is there is a lot of manual overhead for everyone, especially the commish. That may be an add to my feedback.

Because honestly, if keepers didn't have to be managed via a league chat thread, it might be more appealing in my opinion.

FrankieT

PostWed Jan 03, 2024 8:44 pm

bump...every vote gets free fries. Oh wait that was to get people to take a shot.
I mean, every vote gets a feeling of extreme...shrangi-la-ness

Or simply provide comments if you have any. What big thoughts do you have for this game we love sometimes in a love/hate way?

And happy 2024!
+++++++++++++++
For Christmas, I have my two front teeth and probably more of everything else a person could ask for.
But yet, before I take a short SOM365 respite, I part with a couple quick ideas for a wish list and will send to SOM. Do you have any?
BTW--SOM was gracious enough to ask for feedback when I gave away some credits...I know they take heat but this is the epitome of a small family business--I am rooting for their success and appreciate that they even exist.

For my use cases at least, I am curious about non-player pool limiting stuff, ie not only ATG or 20xx or whatever. Think bigger--bring the community together out of its bunkers types of things. Things that make their revenue and product engagement scalable. It simply is only scalable by volume right now. i.e., there are no add-ons.

1. Interactive, dynamic statistics page(s). The beauty of baseball, and any baseball sim for enthusiasts, is the statistics. I want to interact with every bit of it--filter it, turn it upside down, combine data fields into new compound indices. I want all the stats that the Windows based game gives. Maybe export the stats so it can be manipulated in a spreadsheet. No, I don't care how many times a batter was hit in the league stats, and why do I see DP numbers or park effect numbers that do not accurately represent what I am looking for particular to a team or situation? But someone else might. Anyway, the beauty of this is it allows the consumer to interact with the product in any way they wish. It would re-inspire my interaction with the game. It would also not be trivial--so maybe a premium could be charged because it would seem they may need infrastructure changes to allow dynamic database calls.

2. On-demand league simulation. For a greatly reduced price, why not allow players to simulate a league where they control all the rosters and cannot compete for a prize, using any card sets they wish? I think this is like "renting" time. The difference from the windows game is you have all the cards available. They could dedicate a separate server cluster to this so that it does not pose risk of processing demand spikes on the daily scheduled runs. I don't know what it is--maybe $3 a season or whatever--they would have to do the MR on that. But I would dump a few coin into that slot. Especially if I could save configurations and tweak the runs--like an ensemble.

Both of these things could be subscription based...seems it could reinvigorate their revenue model.
But all I am wondering about is the ENDS part here, not the WAYS or the MEANS. Like a use case exploration. I'm not saying anything should or shouldn't be an additional fee--that's for the business to decide based on their own market research.

Radagast Brown

PostThu Jan 04, 2024 1:54 pm

Fix the bullpen already, it's been like 8 years of this ridiculous system of only being able to set a reliever to pitch in two situations. IT MAKES NO SENSE, and it's why i refuse to play the newer sets.

mighty moose

PostThu Jan 04, 2024 3:10 pm

FrankieT wrote:But yet, before I take a short SOM365 respite

MM whispers into Frank's ear. "You know you don't want to abandon us..... :evil:

FrankieT

PostFri Jan 05, 2024 12:51 am

mighty moose wrote:
FrankieT wrote:But yet, before I take a short SOM365 respite

MM whispers into Frank's ear. "You know you don't want to abandon us..... :evil:

haha. MM is never evil and always appreciated
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats