Monthly Contest Fixed ... Thanks Strat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Backfire

Re: Are The Monthly Contests Rigged? Or Just Plain Stupid?

PostTue Nov 21, 2023 6:51 pm

Speaking of auto leagues, has there been any talk of a 80M DH auto league ever? I'd be interested in that.

Sweet Swinging 26

PostTue Nov 21, 2023 7:37 pm

MaxPower wrote:If they cared about this they'd limit the contest winners to auto-leagues, like the record books are. Seems they must want to incentivize people to create theme leagues to try and compete in the contests.

Good point, it eliminates the issue barring manager collusion or pre-arranged rules, but that would seem to really be a stretch.

Palmtana

PostTue Nov 21, 2023 9:27 pm

I've sent SOM an email pointing them to this thread. That's the best way to make them aware of issues.

365support@strat-o-matic.com

Radagast Brown

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 12:10 pm

They are extremely stupid, at a minimum. A much better contest idea would be for them to do the same thing with individual player statistics instead of team statistics. I would never build an entire team around one ridiculous stat. But if anyone could win based on say most HRs, OR best individual ERA or whatever, we'd all have a chance to win.

I will never build an entire team based on their random ridiculous team statistics, it just doesn't make any sense. But if everyone were eligible via an individual player statistic that would be much more interesting.

This is a bit off topic but, their manager ratings system is ridiculous, it's just a contest to see who has spent the most money.

I have a .555 winning percentage, on well over 200+ teams, but there are guys with .480 winning percentages who are listed as MVPs or All-Stars. THEY ARE CERTAINLY ALL-STAR PATRONS, THEY ARE NOT ALL-STAR MANAGERS. I am an All-Star manager.

The rankings should be based on winning percentage, championships won, playoffs made, etc... Otherwise it's just a money spending contest.

COME ON STRAT-O-MATIC, YOU HAVE A GREAT PRODUCT BUT YOU DO SO MANY SENSELESS THINGS.

barrmorris

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 12:22 pm

The manager records can be sorted on any of the columns, so to see rankings based on win pct, just click on Pct at the top.

Sweet Swinging 26

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 3:01 pm

The "Manager Records" are simply listing managers and the first category is number of teams, but as already pointed out, you can search any way you want.

If you're talking about the manager's "title" for lack of a better word, that is simply based on the number of teams periods.

STEVENSTEFFANNI

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 9:24 pm

the monthly contests are a waste of time for the vast majority of us...the manager ratings are obviously tied to money spent on teams...the injury system is total bull...its kinda like all professional sports as long as the consumer keeps spending money on them the powers that be will continue to do things the way they want and arent interested in what the consumer thinks will improve the product

Backfire

PostSun Nov 26, 2023 8:34 am

My trophy room if pretty sad considering I've done pretty well playing the game. Far from an expert but a decent number of rings and overall rating and I have 3 gold trophies only. Definitely feels a bit boring. I agree with Radagast regarding the ridiculous theme teams, I don't see myself ever building a max potential walks or triples team, seems fairly pointless.

Sweet Swinging 26

PostMon Nov 27, 2023 1:21 pm

Here's another case where a team is running away with a contest (Pinch hit contest):

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/467041

Not saying anything negative about the league or its members. Just saying that it should not be allowed to participate in the monthly contests as the first place team in this league has nearly double the number of pinch hits of any other team in the contest.

Mattw0909

PostMon Nov 27, 2023 6:15 pm

Never attempted to go for the monthly challenges but I do make theme teams. I get that some might prefer just winning games/championships but to me it presents a different way to play. I’ve made a few teams going for the team home run record(auto leagues) then I finally got that, I just completed a team that got the walks record , & I’ve also made teams based on nationality (more for fun than records). Might not be for everyone but I like the challenge of creating those teams
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats