Monthly Contest Fixed ... Thanks Strat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FrankieT

Re: Are The Monthly Contests Rigged? Or Just Plain Stupid?

PostSun Dec 03, 2023 12:01 am

ScumbyJr wrote:
FrankieT wrote:well clearly not the former, since anyone else could do the same thing.
But certainly the latter IMO.

Maybe they just want to drive interest, dunno. Never tried for one of the contests so it never concerned me.

Funny on the first example and not trying to sweep all the credits. But on the second example, CDTLB has been around a long time and has good folks in it. If they qual, they qual.

The challenge of any type of restriction on qualifying is the line has to be drawn somewhere and that is subjective. What is a theme league, quantitatively? There are autodraft public leagues that are almost theme-ish just depending who is playing.

Thanks FrankieT, none of us in the CDTLB had a clue about the contest.

Cheers--all good.

Also, I have to say that strat is a small family company from my old stomping grounds. They have earned their share of jabs at times, but really, whenever they are presented with a cogent, rational issue, they give a good faith effort to address it. Have never seen them say piss off to anyone, though they get their share of that in indirect shadow discussions.

I mean, what company gives such personalized service anymore? There aren't many. Assume the best first, vs the worst and it is funny how the sharp edges tend to melt away.

As Andy intimated, a little kindness can go a long way.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats