What's the highest win team to NOT make the playoffs?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

The Last Druid

Re: What's the highest win team to NOT make the playoffs?

PostSun May 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Another Backman / Wiggins platoon! I've used them myself dozens of times, but Wiggins never performs for me. Nice team!

jet40

PostSun May 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Druid, you mentioned Tejada. I used that card once with OK results. The cheaper Tejada card always produces. I was pleased to see it went down in price.

nomadbrad

PostSun May 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Congrats, Jet, you completely hijacked the topic. You gonna share your top winning team(s) that didn't make the play-offs?

jet40

PostSun May 17, 2020 6:39 pm

So I hijacked a thread by congratulating a player for thinking outside the box with a team that was part of the topic. Then, I simply answered Druid when he wondered if there were ever two 30 game winners. Others talked about Wiggins/Backman platoon but you didn't seem to jump on them. Please forgive my ignorance. BTW you are being a dick.

The Last Druid

PostSun May 17, 2020 6:56 pm

I don't think I've ever used the cheaper Tejeda. I just avoid 2's at SS unless they are named Banks or Garciaparra. I guess the one I used worked out okay, substandard OPB but 113 rbi's and decent defense.

Brad: hard to hijack a thread that may pose a question with no answers. Rich certainly asked a valid question, I then asked a different question relevant to the same teams and Mr. Tanner answered it. Blame me if you must. But be careful. Backfire has returned after a 10 year hiatus and he may well defend his friend. You don't know who he is but we spoke today at some length, and you don't want to find out the hard way!

Dr. Biocide

PostSun May 17, 2020 7:19 pm

nomadbrad@sbcglobal.net wrote:Congrats, Jet, you completely hijacked the topic. You gonna share your top winning team(s) that didn't make the play-offs?

So you are aware. Jet40 is not just a personal friend, but also one of the finest gentlemen you will ever meet. When he was young he would go next door and split wood for the folks that lived there by ax without expectation of reward or gratitude. He would do it because it was the right thing to do. He has not changed.

You have every right to the posts you are making of course. I am just letting you know the quality of the man. It is my privilege to call him friend!

Jon.

egvrich

PostMon May 18, 2020 8:48 am

I really couldn't care less if the thread was or wasn't hijacked. It's just good to see discussion in general. Boards are so quiet these days generally speaking.

And as Druid pointed out, maybe the lack of a response proves the point that there is no higher win team to miss the playoffs ... Which would be an "accomplisment" I guess.

I hadn't even thought about it until Dr. Biocide pointed it out in a message between him, myself and Druid. So that's what led me to make the original post.

Until proven otherwise, I'll wear my 97 win non-playoff team as a Badge of Dishonor, perhaps the worst HAL screwjob ever (at least for me).
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats