is ATG 9 DEAD before it even starts...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

drfreeze49

is ATG 9 DEAD before it even starts...

PostMon May 11, 2020 2:07 pm

can't fill an all era 160m in three days

STEVE F

Re: is ATG 9 DEAD before it even starts...

PostMon May 11, 2020 3:25 pm

Strange cap, and one that I would never play at

drfreeze49

PostMon May 11, 2020 3:36 pm

STEVE F wrote:Strange cap, and one that I would never play at

In ATG 8 would fill in a day 2 at most... a fun cap... auto draft does not kill you... give it a try...

STEVE F

PostMon May 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Maybe at some point. I've got way too many teams right now, and am currently in a live draft, so I need to cut back

RiggoDrill

PostMon May 11, 2020 3:49 pm

That is an issue, but not an ATG9 issue. There was a significant drop-off in participation 18 months ago. It will take some time to get people back (if that's even possible). FWIW, I would really have liked it if SOM had included some kind of sale on teams to align with the ATG9 launch - something to drive momentum!

tmfw30

PostMon May 11, 2020 4:06 pm

Also I seem to remember a drop-off in participation when Barnstormers fired up last year.

And it seems silly - but the simple fact that you need to choose between "ATG9" and "ATG9 ALL" is an unnecessary barrier that is undoubtedly impacting leagues being filled. (and it's surprisingly irritating to have to press one whole extra button).

I've kept my powder dry by not complaining about a single thing since I started playing this*, but they really should walk that one back, make the default all eras, and then allow custom sets to be created from that. -matt

p.s. *the baseball game, that is. I have criticized the highly disappointing football game a few times.

FrankieT

PostWed May 13, 2020 10:49 pm

tmfw30 wrote:Also I seem to remember a drop-off in participation when Barnstormers fired up last year.

And it seems silly - but the simple fact that you need to choose between "ATG9" and "ATG9 ALL" is an unnecessary barrier that is undoubtedly impacting leagues being filled. (and it's surprisingly irritating to have to press one whole extra button).

I've kept my powder dry by not complaining about a single thing since I started playing this*, but they really should walk that one back, make the default all eras, and then allow custom sets to be created from that. -matt

p.s. *the baseball game, that is. I have criticized the highly disappointing football game a few times.

Seconded.
And amen on the football Matt! I tried one team. Has potential but way too many negatives right now to pay more than about $5 a team.

RiggoDrill

PostMon May 18, 2020 4:03 pm

@Patrick, there's an 80M, No DH -- I moved my team there since it's getting close to full.

It's the chatter and banter league, which frankly, is what your leagues are all about. Hop on in. We'll fill your league next!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats