Results on new players?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

honestiago

Re: Results on new players?

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 6:46 am

rburgh wrote:So use them yourself!

especially the inexpensive RP’s who can close

Any RP can close in this game. Use Halama as your closer vs. RHB!

Halama is a crappy card. I don’t understand the love he gets, but I don’t mind seeing him because there’s a good chance he’ll get hammered.

When I say inexpensive who can close, I mean bargain closers as far as price, like Corpas, Mantei, Fuentes, etc. I’m aware any card can close.

I think it’d be hypocritical to criticize the cards I mentioned, then use them. For the same reason, I won’t play bomberball, or “Dale Murray is my 300 IP boo.”

honestiago

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 am

The Last Druid wrote:We should put together a petition to reprice the 2001 Mariner cards and the 1994 Expos as well. Duren is not part of that cohort but Pineiro, Henry and Heredia sure as hell are. Changing Duren to a reliever only would solve that issue. Those four cards are so grossly underpriced that they contaminate every draft at 100M or lower.

I’m all for Duren as RP only. I’d like to see diminishing returns on overusage, or higher chance of injury. If a pitcher could hit the 60-day DL, like the computer game, then innings eaters would have more value.

Could be worse I guess. Tried to draft a home computer league using current crop from 2018. Pitchers with SP rating of “1” just makes me sad.

ShakeyBoomer

PostTue Jul 02, 2019 1:26 pm

We should put a petition together to redo ALL of the ATG 8 pricing.

The pricing in ATG 8 is absolutely horrendous...
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats