Change the name to ALL TIME FRANCHISE GREATS??

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

egvrich

Change the name to ALL TIME FRANCHISE GREATS??

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Instead of All Time Greats, how about Franchise Greats or All Time Franchise Greats or Franchise Favorites???

As has been said before all the scrubs in this game make it not really an All Time Greats anyways.

And then add in some of each franchise's All Time Favorite players and their appropriate years.

A perfect example is the Chicago Cubs (my team, yeah) ... Representing the Cubs, why to we have crappy Don Kessinger, Glenn Beckert and Randy Hundley cards when there are much better years for those two players than the ones chosen???

Beckert '68 or '71 would be much better choices.
Kessinger '69 or '72 would be better choices.
Hundley '67 or '69 again better choices.

All three of these franchise favorites have nothing but so-so at best cards available.

The list goes on and on for every team I am sure, it's just a crazy idea I came up with reading about the new player nomination thread.

Thoughts????

andycummings65

Re: Change the name to ALL TIME FRANCHISE GREATS??

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Well, you've got to have scrubs to fill out rosters, so I have no problem with scrubs being part of ATG.

Also, ATG began as All-Time Great Teams, the 27 Yankees, 1908 Cubs, 1970 Orioles, etc. That, besides the need for scrubs to fill out a roster, is the reason that there are less than great cards in the set.

I have no problem calling it All Time Greats. It's just semantics. But if a new name is desired, how about Stratomatic Historical or MLB Historical or something.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats