Question

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nevdully's

Question

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 am

How does a Catcher (F. Duncan) D rating of 1 how is it that he has misses 13 X chances out of 48? Morgan at 2B has only missed 10 out of 113. Not sure what's in play here. :?

rburgh

Re: Question

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 8:40 am

Lots of things can happen on the catcher X-chart. First of all, a split of one is always a single on a dribbler in front of the plate. Second, his e-rating is a factor, and can occur on any split roll. Third, there are WP / PB's that can occur off his X-chart. His PB rating is low, but I think some of the WP's are automatic (it's been a long time since I rolled dice).

I'm not sure how the blocking the plate stuff is accounted for, and I have no idea even if the game is counting the catcher x-chart results correctly - they can't figure out how to do this for the pitchers yet which is just laughable.

scorehouse

Re: Question

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 10:25 am

after all these years of being the beneficiary of lucky dice maybe HAL has decided its payback time? didn't you have a theory about "normalzation"? for others, thats when a team is on fire and attains a big lead, HAL is programmed to step in and bring them back to the pack.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats