Is Strat Online Dying???

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVE F

Re: Is Strat Online Dying???

PostTue Sep 29, 2015 8:16 pm

I'd say it's pretty normal for people to be losing interest in the 2014 set at this point in the year. Most (or a lot) of people also play keeper leagues, either on here or CDROM/C&D or both; and are already looking ahead to the 2015 cards.

mamiller_53

PostMon Oct 05, 2015 9:01 pm

I have given up on the game and decided to do the free fantasy stuff. I did 14 different teams this season and won 8 of the leagues. Some of you might remember me as I've done SOM for 11-12 years. I started off with the 80's game and eventually moved over to ATG for the last several years.

I must say that the blow up of SOM/servers/etc. a few years ago really started a sadness that I never really recovered from. Not having the owner ratings always bothered me as I was always trying to move up the ladder. I understand this is a business (like the NFL or MLB is) but I never regained that excitement as before the crash.

I pretty much ran out my teams and still have one credit left but I don't see leagues that interest me. I appreciate the advice you offered me over the years and wish everyone the best.

Mark (mamiller_53)

Chompsky

PostTue Oct 06, 2015 7:16 am

My experience is pretty good with Strat. Seems perfectly alive to me.

Flawed, like any game. Subject to critique, like any game.

But also pretty damn good, which is why I love to play.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats