r u in favor of....

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

scorehouse

r u in favor of....

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 am

teams that finish waivers on Monday beginning their season on that same Monday instead of having to wait a whole week to begin play? I definitely support this change. feel free to set up a poll. i tried but it wouldn't post?

mrharryc

Re: r u in favor of....

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 10:22 am

While a week long wait can be frustrating, I think starting a season only hours after waivers would place an undue hardship on those who can't always access their teams. Too little time between finding out about your waiver claims and finalizing your lineups and strategy won't enhance the experience and indeed, may add to the frustration.

bkeat23

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 11:21 am

I agree with Harry C.

All summer Monday is my golf league. I would leave before waivers run, and come home too late to make any pre-season changes. I can't be the only one with time restrictions.

scorehouse

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 11:25 am

summer golf league was one obstacle i never considered. work constraints yes but summer golf league now thats a bigge! then make a league option like the dh, drop/add penalty etc. then everyone's happy, even the summer golf league unless you're winning. :D

ScumbyJr

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 11:41 am

No. I hate waiting that long to start, but the post waivers period is critical to putting a team together.

scorehouse

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 am

someone set up a poll. i tried but it wouldn't post. poll with 3 choices, yes, no, additional league option.

scorehouse

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 11:50 am

curious if it would be much of an internal issue for Strat to set up the leagues that choose the Monday/Monday option?

bkeat23

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 12:18 pm

scorehouse wrote:summer golf league was one obstacle i never considered. work constraints yes but summer golf league now thats a bigge! then make a league option like the dh, drop/add penalty etc. then everyone's happy, even the summer golf league unless you're winning. :D

I think if most of us were given a choice between Strat and golf, bowling, softball, volleyball, knitting, anything else that has a time commitment, it would take out a few managers :D

And as you said, I suspect some folks work afternoons and would set waivers and the next thing they do is see the results from opening night, with HAL setting the lineups.

scorehouse

PostWed Jul 29, 2015 9:13 am

also depends on time zone. in the central or east , you'd still have plenty of time. with football on the way, you'll be waiting for the Monday night game to start anyway. multi-task time. pop a cold beer, order a pizza, bet on the game, fix your strat team, answer door for pizza, fix your team, eat some pizza, fix your team, get another beer, fix your team, go to get another piece of pizz,a all gone, so get another beer, fix your team, kickoff, fix your team, strat deadline just passed, too late for that last move, grab one more beer, watch football. EZ so let the games start on Monday!!!

rolandzeut

PostWed Jul 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Having recently moved to Hawaii, it wouldn't work for me because of time difference (spring/summer waivers @ 11, games @ 4/ fall/winter waivers @ 10, games @ 3), I have to do all my tinkering the night before - but I do hate those week long post waiver waits.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats