Eric Davis vs Neil Robinson

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chris.sied@yahoo.com

Eric Davis vs Neil Robinson

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 3:19 pm

I am trying to figure this one out. From what I see, Neil Robinson is a superior hitter vs lefties, and versus righties. Davis has more power against lefties, but Robinson's on-base is much, much better than Davis. Davis is a better defender ( 2 vs 1) and has better speed (17-15) and better base stealer. Both are the same injury rating. So how in the world does Davis cost 3.1 million more? Everything is telling me to keep Robinson over Davis, except the price difference has me wondering what I am missing. Neither hits into many DPs....Is it the improved clutch rating on Davis?

andycummings65

Re: Eric Davis vs Neil Robinson

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 3:47 pm

I would think it places a LOT of weight on that CF rating--Davis is a 1(-3)e5, while Robinson is a 2(+1)20. Robinson is unplayable in CF for most caps.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 4:43 pm

ok. that makes sense. Luckily I am looking at him only as a platoon left fielder, and he only has to be 4th on the depth chart in center. As a left fielder, Davis is probably slightly better overall when defense is factored in, but I dont have the money to afford him right now.

dwightskino21

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 8:56 pm

In a HR park at a certain salary Cap., Eric the Red can dominate... plus the walks and steals and D is mighty fine.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats