*****IMPORTANT**** Chief Myers Injury on #3

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Salty

Re: *****IMPORTANT**** Chief Myers Injury on #3

PostMon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Valen;

I havent drawn any of those conclusions but,

What Id look at are teams with a LOT of injuries and teams with almost NO injuries.

Valen

PostTue Jun 30, 2015 11:58 am

If not drawing the conclusion that code is in place to trigger repeat injuries or to target certain players for repeat injuries what conclusions are being drawn? Perhaps I have missed entire point here. Certainly wouldn't be the first time I have misunderstood something.

Salty

PostTue Jun 30, 2015 2:02 pm

Valen wrote:If not drawing the conclusion that code is in place to trigger repeat injuries or to target certain players for repeat injuries what conclusions are being drawn? Perhaps I have missed entire point here. Certainly wouldn't be the first time I have misunderstood something.

While I think its odd that certain players with the same rating get injured a lot and some not at all, haven't surmized the methodology behind it.

But yeah, its been noticed. One guy with a '1' is injury free and another guy 8 times- yeah, kind of odd.

Valen

PostTue Jun 30, 2015 5:26 pm

I agree a "1" injury going down 8 times that would be odd. But by the nature of computer code if it was a coded in thing it would not be an odd occurrance. It would be a common and frequent occurrance. So odd if happening on say 1% of teams, but if it was a coded thing I would expect to see it flipped around and happening on 99% of teams.

For example I went through all the teams in my most recently completed league and found only 1 occurrance where a player was injured within 4 games or so of returning. If this were a coded thing I would expect to see at least one example on just about every team as they all had a dozen or more player injuries throughout the season and some a couple dozen. So that is once out of a couple hundred opportunities for this to happen. I suppose that one team could point to that one player and say see something odd is happening. But the reality that there is only 1 occurrance says no pattern here.

bkeat23

PostFri Jul 03, 2015 11:48 pm

Killebrew, Harmon (1961) 1B 1 6.66M Game 9 3 additional days
Killebrew, Harmon (1961) 1B 1 6.66M Game 14 3 additional days

That's after 15 games.

This more than makes up for my run of luck with Myers :D

Hack Wilson

PostSat Jul 04, 2015 6:52 pm

From my experience, anecdotally-speaking over hundreds of teams, yes, there is an injury bug "glitch" issue. It is obvious, though I have no data collected to report. I never thought to collect the data, because it was so clear. So, if I get a bad injury guy, i weigh the pros and cons of dropping him. It may be good to drop him, or actually, better to ride out all the injuries. Depends on the guy and point in the season. :)

STEVE F

PostThu Jul 09, 2015 2:36 pm

4 more needed for live draft tomorrow night!

bkeat23

PostSat Jul 11, 2015 8:32 am

Chief hurt 7 games total

Waited until after the season to put this up, hoping not to piss off HAL.
Benched him for the last 15 games once the division title was out of reach and the WC was clinched.

The secret to these types of players not getting hurt is HAL making sure more rolls are of the pitchers card, no injury there.
Chief was 264/327 hitter/pitcher card rolls. Less chance of injury.

What does this mean? Who knows, but there's the numbers.

egvrich

PostTue Jul 21, 2015 9:06 am

Roy Thomas (injury on a 2) has been injured 4 times for a total of 11 games in the first 60 games of the season ...

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/le ... am/1403967

Sometimes HAL just has it in for a guy! :evil:

Mr Baseball World

PostThu Jul 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Someone once told me they thought players(at least the high injury types) would be injured more often the more often you had them on you teams. Beginning to wonder if he may have been on to something. What do you think?
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats