$45m cap league

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

F.O.X

Re: $45m cap league

PostTue May 26, 2015 2:45 pm

I know everyone is getting antsy and wants to get started but the perpetrators conduct can't be tolerated or rewarded. Has he given an explanation by e-mail within the league?

YountFan

PostTue May 26, 2015 3:14 pm

F.O.X wrote:I know everyone is getting antsy and wants to get started but the perpetrators conduct can't be tolerated or rewarded. Has he given an explanation by e-mail within the league?

I agree as long as it resolve by Friday I am cool. And who is glanny?
Posted by the real YountFan

YountFan

PostTue May 26, 2015 3:16 pm

If they'd just release our teams we could start a new league with the right managers.
Posted by the real YountFan

mrharryc

PostTue May 26, 2015 3:25 pm

I am comfortable with waiting until this is corrected regardless of the time frame. Like everyone else I'm eager to start, but FOX is correct; to allow this intrusion into the process would be a major mistake.

I was quite surprised to read of this "password theft" recently on the boards but thought it was a one-time event; that it happened again and is apparently occurring more often is troubling to say the least. Have things gotten so bad that we need increased security to send online game passwords?! Perish the thought!

Maxie Minoso

PostTue May 26, 2015 3:54 pm

And who is glanny?
He's one of my favorite managers. He has the ability to make leagues most enjoyable. Since we both mostly play in lower caps leagues we see each other often.
I can't explain why he jumped into this league but messages in another just completed league league might help explain. First he wrote that he and been on vacation and missed the final night of the regular season in which he was swept and lost out on the post season. Then he wrote that he was afraid he missed out on the 45M league. Humor and humility were evident in those messages.
I think his love of the game and rush to join caused him to see the password and little else on this thread.
Glanny is a stand up guy in my opinion.

Maxie

The Biomechanical Man

PostTue May 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Maxie,
Thanks for the insight on Glanny. It's good to hear that it was most likely a mistake of sloppiness, not maliciousness.

Regarding our current league, I just got off the phone with someone at Strat-O-Matic headquarters (800-645-3455). He said that they received our messages and will resolve it soon. He said that they will respond to us by email.

RiojaDave

PostTue May 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi guys,

it's 22:22pm here, and I still haven't heard thing.
It seems that Biomechanical is on top of things.

If I find out anything before I knock off tonight I'll let you know,

Dave

The Biomechanical Man

PostTue May 26, 2015 4:30 pm

I just received this encouraging email:

-----Original Message-----
From: Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online Support [mailto:onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 3:28 PM
To: Glenn Fleisig
Subject: RE: Member: The Biomechanical Man

Hi Glenn,

We are working on resetting this league so we can re-run the autodraft for you. We will add Fox's team and replace Glanny when we do so.

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online
http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com

MEAT

PostTue May 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Ive played several leagues with Glanny too, and would again...surprised that it was him. A mea culpa would be nice though...

MEAT

PostTue May 26, 2015 11:43 pm

whoa...strat just set up a whole new league, about to draft...and glanny is STILL IN IT!
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats