Private league passwords

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

dharmabums

Private league passwords

PostSun May 17, 2015 8:29 am

I play almost entirely in private leagues anymore, and it looks like we are getting a bit lazy with the passwords. In one of the leagues I'm in we had a guy manage to get into the league by either guessing or stealing the password. Obviously, the manager who got bumped out is very upset. Rightfully. I'm not going to say who the interloper was because it looks like he is probably a newby who just made a bad decision. Hopefully he doesn't make more decisions like this one. He definitely got chastised by some of us, in that very caring way we have here in strat.

So, be aware that people will try to jump into private leagues. Even though to me private means private. It does not mean private except for people who can guess/steal the password. Who'd think we'd need "strong" passwords for our private leagues? But we do.

nevdully's

Re: Private league passwords

PostSun May 17, 2015 11:44 am

Well said :)

mighty moose

PostTue May 19, 2015 11:11 am

If you just drop the support desk an e-mail and ask them to remove the offender as "not invited" - I'm sure they would be happy to accommodate. While we say many things about their lack of being communicative on these forums, I do believe their customer support (if it's during working days/hours) - is pretty good at fixing stuff.

dharmabums

PostTue May 19, 2015 5:18 pm

They did work that out pretty well. The right guy got back into the league, and soon enough to be able to fix up his team the way he wanted it.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats