Friday Night Glitch

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Mr Baseball World

Friday Night Glitch

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Here is what John G posted this morning regarding the pitcher issues last Friday night:

On Friday night there, was a widespread glitch that unfortunately caused our system to lose track of who pitched in the preceding series and who was supposed to pitch in Friday night’s games. Due to this error, certain pitchers ended up starting games on short rest. We have found the cause of the incident and have implemented precautions that will improve how our system reacts to unexpected occurrences like this, rare as they may be.

We sincerely apologize for the problems that this may have caused your teams. While we cannot replay games or change the results of games that were affected by this, we do sympathize with our customers, especially those who may have lost a playoff series or missed the playoffs due to these circumstances. If you had a team that lost out on a potential credit due to Friday night’s games, please e-mail us at onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com and let us know the team and league. We will review the situation and add a credit to your account if your team was adversely affected. We will accept credit requests through May 1st, so any team currently in progress that was affected by this can receive compensation.

We apologize again for this, and thank you for your understanding.

alk58

Re: Friday Night Glitch

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Mr Baseball World wrote:Here is what John G posted this morning regarding the pitcher issues last Friday night:

On Friday night there, was a widespread glitch that unfortunately caused our system to lose track of who pitched in the preceding series and who was supposed to pitch in Friday night’s games. Due to this error, certain pitchers ended up starting games on short rest. We have found the cause of the incident and have implemented precautions that will improve how our system reacts to unexpected occurrences like this, rare as they may be.

We sincerely apologize for the problems that this may have caused your teams. While we cannot replay games or change the results of games that were affected by this, we do sympathize with our customers, especially those who may have lost a playoff series or missed the playoffs due to these circumstances. If you had a team that lost out on a potential credit due to Friday night’s games, please e-mail us at onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com and let us know the team and league. We will review the situation and add a credit to your account if your team was adversely affected. We will accept credit requests through May 1st, so any team currently in progress that was affected by this can receive compensation.

We apologize again for this, and thank you for your understanding.

that could be very subjective! playoff rotations were effected but how can I point a lose to it?
Please send all PM's to allank58@gmail.com

wavygravy2k

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm assuming the system also lost track of fatigue because I had two pitchers that started on short rest and they only allowed a combined 3 runs through 16 innings.

Valen

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 am

So Tiant pitched the last game of a series on Thursday and the first game of a series against me Friday night winning 5-1. So I assume if I miss the playoffs by one game I can send an email and get a credit back?

Tiant's line second game of a back to back.

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA
L. Tiant (W, 17-6) 8.2 5 1 1 3 8 1 133 5.00

andycummings65

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 10:00 am

If it affected every team, how can you prove that it knocked you out of the playoffs? I was tied for Wild Card going into the last 3 games. HAL started my top 3 starters again, and also started my competitor's top 3 starters again. My top 3 went 2-1, while his top 3 went 3-0. Can I complain that he got to start his #1 on short rest when I got to do the same thing?

prjr

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 11:03 am

Here we go, I'm prepared for the sh*t storm that will follow...I see lots of complaints. Basically how dare they TRY to rectify the situation to some degree. ...So, what is the solution according to the strat community? I'm assuming nothing short of giving everyone a free credit would be acceptable.

gkhd11a

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 12:41 am

prjr wrote:Here we go, I'm prepared for the sh*t storm that will follow...I see lots of complaints. Basically how dare they TRY to rectify the situation to some degree. ...So, what is the solution according to the strat community? I'm assuming nothing short of giving everyone a free credit would be acceptable.

Basically I do think they owe everyone who was in a league a free credit because they are not running the leagues as they stated they would. If you were at a movie and the projector fried 5 percent of the movie so you never got to see it, I am pretty sure refunds would be offered because you did not get the product you paid for and what was in the language of what will be performed.

This is not a small error, basically they said their database was partially corrupt and fatigue and starters didn't work like they thought but hey if you don't like the result prove it hurt you. Most leagues come down to one game or tiebreakers on playoff teams. It is not a matter in my mind of whether someone can prove they were injured by the incompetence, it is the incompetence which means they should refund the consideration they were given to run a 162 game season.

As an further example if you sell Walmart -goods on a skid and the goods arrived damaged, let's say a pallet is broken and a box of cereal is torn and leaking, they return the entire pallet, insist on a refund and a labor charge for handling your damaged product. And that is if you have one ripped box of cereal out of 200 on a skid.

Salty

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 12:44 am

Charlie,

You are starting to sound an awful lot like your friendly neighborhood Salty here! :D

prjr

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 9:11 am

gkhd11a wrote:
prjr wrote:Here we go, I'm prepared for the sh*t storm that will follow...I see lots of complaints. Basically how dare they TRY to rectify the situation to some degree. ...So, what is the solution according to the strat community? I'm assuming nothing short of giving everyone a free credit would be acceptable.

Basically I do think they owe everyone who was in a league a free credit because they are not running the leagues as they stated they would. If you were at a movie and the projector fried 5 percent of the movie so you never got to see it, I am pretty sure refunds would be offered because you did not get the product you paid for and what was in the language of what will be performed.

This is not a small error, basically they said their database was partially corrupt and fatigue and starters didn't work like they thought but hey if you don't like the result prove it hurt you. Most leagues come down to one game or tiebreakers on playoff teams. It is not a matter in my mind of whether someone can prove they were injured by the incompetence, it is the incompetence which means they should refund the consideration they were given to run a 162 game season.

As an further example if you sell Walmart -goods on a skid and the goods arrived damaged, let's say a pallet is broken and a box of cereal is torn and leaking, they return the entire pallet, insist on a refund and a labor charge for handling your damaged product. And that is if you have one ripped box of cereal out of 200 on a skid.

This is what I like about this community. If one is open-minded one can have there opinions further informed. You make good arguments... I'm a convert; I want my free credit! I guess I've become jaded and have no expectations for corporate America to take care of it's customers beyond the obvious profit motive. I was thinking of the airline recently who had a computer glitch that sold tickets for something crazy like $50. They simple said they were not going to honor those tickets. Come on strat be better than that!

DARRELLPICKELL

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 11:37 am

I am one of those managers that might have lost out on a playoff spot because of this "glitch". Who knows what might
have happened if things were working out fine. I ended up tied for the last playoff spot and didn't get in. And I looked... the rotations were a mess.

That said, I don't have much confidence in a company doing the right thing anymore... unless they are forced to. All they look at is the bottom line... sad but true.

Me, I will remember this "oops" moment... because there has been times I have thought about just not playing anymore. We shall see.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats