glitch?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

Re: glitch?

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Please email strat, noting your team and league.

I guess it's theoretically possible that this glitch didn't affect some leagues Friday night. The volume of emails should get strat's attention.

GBrookes

gbrookes

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 2:20 pm

People just getting to this thread, please read page 1 of this thread!
Geoff

gbrookes

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Received from strat -

"Hi Geoff,

Yes, there was a widespread glitch last night that unfortunately caused our system to lose track of who pitched in the preceding series, and who was supposed to pitch in last night’s games. This is the reason why certain pitchers ended up starting games on short rest.

Unfortunately, at this point, it’s not technically possible for us to do anything about the results of last night’s games, and rotations for tonight’s games and beyond will have to be based on what has transpired. We’re sorry that we’re unable to rectify how any particular team and league, and regrettably the tournament, were affected by this.

What we can do is investigate the cause of the incident, and try and make sure it doesn't happen again. The root problem was a freak outage at Amazon Web Services, which is the normally reliable host where our servers are located. We’re taking steps to improve how our system reacts to unexpected occurrences like this, rare as they may be.

We apologize again for this, and thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online"

I guess we'll just have to keep calm and carry on. Their response to my email was fast.

scorehouse

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 3:35 pm

this is nothing. when "net neutrality" takes effect, there will be constant glitches with high service providers who can no longer guarantee fast and priority service. Strat should be very worried. many more of these glitches and they will lose their base and income stream(no pun intended).

tomwistar

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 4:21 pm

I don't think Strat should get off the hook for this so easily.

Teams that use say, Jim Kaat as their fourth starter will now potentially have to use him the rest of the season in the #1 spot, where he'll lose just about every game going up against the Madduxes and Johnsons. Unless you sacrifice a game or two to get your rotation back in order ...

In many leagues, a game or two can mean the season for a team ... if last night you were fighting for a playoff spot at the end of a season and got screwed, this "glitch" means you wasted 25 bucks.

That sucks! Strat needs to rectify the problem by rerunning games.

lanier64

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Yep Hal screwed up the rotations for all three of my teams. You had better rectify this SOM. This is not cool. However, as the late (RIP) Leonard Nimoy might say "Highly illogical...but fascinating."

nevdully's

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 4:46 pm

It's telling that SOM can be so casually dismissive.

scorehouse

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 4:55 pm

hal does worse than this every night managing the bullpen, all season long. besides the glitch affected every team's pitching. i had to redo every team this mourning :roll: as i don't use a four man rotation. won some, lost some. Laissez.les bon temps roulez!

Rosie2167

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 5:13 pm

What's interesting to me is that it should be technically possible to replay the games last night...a major pain, sure but possible, especially since SOM knows about the glitch prior to another days games being run....OR hit pause on all games for a few days until they can make it right.

I feel bad for all those leagues that were at critical points. Hopefully SOM will come up with a better solution that keeps all the leagues and the outcomes as whole as possible.

djp_77

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Can't strat reset everything to how it was after Thursday's nights games? I made the playoffs by sweeping the last series. I hate thinking I only got in because of a glitch.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats