H&R Home Run

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

boyer14

H&R Home Run

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 pm

I was the recent victim of a H&R Home Run in the 9th inning to help decide a game. http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/ga ... 24980/1962

I assume this HR comes off of the pitcher's card as I cannot find a HR on the Hit & Run chart? Is this correct?

The game play-by-play does not list the dice roll for a Hit & Run, just says "h&r". Is there a reason that the dice roll is not revealed?

Thanks for any insights.

Radagast Brown

Re: H&R Home Run

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 5:25 pm

It would seem so. ?

stratfanSkip

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 8:04 pm

My guess is that HR came on the hitters card on a 1-2 or 3-5 roll. Those are both to CF, which is shown as where the HR was hit. The Pitcher Boswell does not have any HR (CF) on his card.
To many teams, not enough time! Must be an addiction!!

Whoopycat

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 9:47 pm

stratfanSkip wrote:My guess is that HR came on the hitters card on a 1-2 or 3-5 roll. Those are both to CF, which is shown as where the HR was hit. The Pitcher Boswell does not have any HR (CF) on his card.

Um... what? Boswell has tons of homers on his card. That's exactly how the HR was hit. Even on a hit and run, the H&R chart is only used in place of the hitter card. Just like a regular roll, a hit and run result is determined by the pitcher's card 50% of the time (in this case a result of K on the pitcher's card basically turns into a gbC).

stratfanSkip

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Whoopycat wrote:
stratfanSkip wrote:My guess is that HR came on the hitters card on a 1-2 or 3-5 roll. Those are both to CF, which is shown as where the HR was hit. The Pitcher Boswell does not have any HR (CF) on his card.

Um... what? Boswell has tons of homers on his card. That's exactly how the HR was hit. Even on a hit and run, the H&R chart is only used in place of the hitter card. Just like a regular roll, a hit and run result is determined by the pitcher's card 50% of the time (in this case a result of K on the pitcher's card basically turns into a gbC).

Umm, whoopycat, I did not say Boswell doesnt have any HRs on his card!! I said "Boswell does not have any HR(cf) on his card". Look at the replay and see where it says HR (cf).
To many teams, not enough time! Must be an addiction!!

Valen

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 1:10 pm

It would be nice if on a H&R the play by play showed all the relevant dice rolls and split cards that led to the end result.

ScumbyJr

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 9:04 pm

This is bizarre. Bottom of the 3rd, got a h&r BP homerun by McGwire (D rating) last night with Joe Torre on base and no, none of my settings would explain why McGwire would be hit and running with a lead foot on base.

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/ga ... 425193/719

Whoopycat

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 11:59 am

Never look a hit & run homer in the mouth!

Skip, my point was that no pitcher or hitter has HOMERUN to any specific field on their card. It just says HOMERUN.

That said, I think the Strat game engine (meaning the computer, not the cards) does some kind of distribution of home runs to LF/CF/RF for cases where the setting to allow outfielders to rob hitters of homers is turned on.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats