New Card Additions

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FRANKMANSUETO

Re: New Card Additions

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Outta Leftfield, I never said Ruth, Lynn and Fielder were WASTED picks. With regards to Ruth and Lynn we already have some GREAT cards of theirs. But I do get why they are voted in and I agree. Fielder doesn't excite me because I played that season in a face-to-face league. Yes your point in a $200MM league makes perfect sense.

My WASTED picks are Keeler, Gary Carter and Charles Johnson. The Johnson card is in the Back to the 90's and that card doesn't rock my world. Most likely usable in lower cap leagues. Keeler because its NOT his BEST season which to me says he gets nominated and voted in thus taking the place of a player with NO card.

Visicks Rant nails it!!! Use your head, not your heart!

george barnard

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 6:52 pm

FRANKMANSUETO wrote: Use your head, not your heart!

Let me get this right...you're asking baseball fans to use their heads, not their hearts? Something amiss here. If there's any sport that denies the primacy of head over heart, it's got to be baseball. Oh, sure, we'll couch our heartfelt love in immutable statistical analysis to show that we are not lovesick, lovelorn, or loveless, but we are know it's just a pose.

Bill

PS I think Frank just wanted more Cincinnati players to be voted in.

ScumbyJr

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 7:01 pm

I understand people have specific reasons for wanting/voting for a new card. Everyone is probably disappointed by some aspect of the vote, but no vote was "wasted".
Last edited by ScumbyJr on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outta Leftfield

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 7:08 pm

FRANKMANSUETO wrote:Outta Leftfield, I never said Ruth, Lynn and Fielder were WASTED picks. With regards to Ruth and Lynn we already have some GREAT cards of theirs. But I do get why they are voted in and I agree. Fielder doesn't excite me because I played that season in a face-to-face league. Yes your point in a $200MM league makes perfect sense.

Points taken. Sorry if I came on a bit strong. ;)

Regarding Carter & Hundley, the later was never nominated. Maybe Mets fans can do it next time?

ScumbyJr

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 7:41 pm

visick wrote:scumby... no offense, but ALL horrible choices. (Especially if the Yanks get to use Berra)

Yes they Suck. I why Hundley is needed. But the Marlins have won as NantES as the Mets and deserve a catcher too.

FRANKMANSUETO

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Outta Leftfield all is COOL!!! 8-)

FRANKMANSUETO

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Bring me the HEAD of anyone who played for the Reds!! :D

drfreeze49

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 10:05 pm

My Opinion...No more cards for those that have one...too bad your sad...Get a card in for in for those that don't...and once that is complete ...we can add a second or third or so on and so forth

ScumbyJr

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 pm

drfreeze49 wrote:My Opinion...No more cards for those that have one...too bad your sad...Get a card in for in for those that don't...and once that is complete ...we can add a second or third or so on and so forth

Like laws, it seems cards are added but never removed. I really do not know the difference of using some of the Ruth or Pedro cards other than the obvious (like SP* and SP)

djp_77

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 12:54 am

Duke Sims 1970 or Gary Sutherland 1975?

Duke Sims already has a card. Do you pick the average player without a card or a huge upgrade over a useless card?

Charles Johnson's card helps out the Marlins at catcher. How does having his best card help anybody? If you want help with theme leagues then the Johnson we got is the good one.

A lot of cards that help out theme leagues already have cards for other teams or are too cheap to vote for. I will use Toronto as a example.

1991 Devon White? Already has a Angels card.
1990 Pat Borders? Already has a cheap card.
1991 Joe Carter? Already has a Indians card.
1994 Paul Molitor? Has 3 Brewers cards.

You would be lucky to get one of these cards voted in. Personally I would like to see all 4 cards in the game along with Ed Sprague 96 but it will never happen. The same example can be made for the other teams that are low on cards.

At this rate I don't think any of us can fix the problem. This is something that Strat would have to take charge of. They needs to add a ton of cards for the Padres, Blue Jays, Expos/Nationals, Marlins, Rays, Rockies, and the Diamondbacks for ATG 9.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats