New 6 team Themed league. Best Era of All Time

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

JoeyC

Re: New 6 team Themed league. Best Era of All Time

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 2:43 pm

nevdully's wrote:Interesting that clearly at the lower caps the best "and" deepest pool of usable choices by far is the era prjr chose for himself....swim with sharks get eaten by sharks :mrgreen:

Very true. In the words of Mark Cuban on The Shark Tank -- "I'm out".

prjr

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 4:28 pm

nevdully's wrote:Interesting that clearly at the lower caps the best "and" deepest pool of usable choices by far is the era prjr chose for himself....swim with sharks get eaten by sharks :mrgreen:

I beg to disagree that it is clearly the best and deepest. Since strat is clearly an offensive game I thought the lively ball era was the strongest. But didn't want to take advantage of choosing it just because I formed the league. Being deep isn't really a factor since there is only one team to field per pool (the exception being the 2000- which is admittedly in a tough spot due to the lack of low salary throw aways to draft). Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

nevdully's

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Best and Deepest "At The Lower Cap". Which was why a few stated it might be better to raise the cap.. I know I tried to piece together both remaining eras but came up very short (imo) but you hung in there at 80m.... I suspect bigger the cap the bigger the offense yes?...oh btw what worked against the "lively ball era" also is it's no dh...Just use your two credits wisely, it's not often you get to shoot fish in a barrel. ;)

mike4169

PostThu Nov 20, 2014 2:38 pm

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1389979

That's what I ended up with. I had about 17 million to work with after all the smallest contracts were settled in. Sadly one of the small contracts is a RP which I am forced to use now. Would be interested in this again if it's a 999 cap or even a 140

mike4169

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats