Injuries galore

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Treyomo

Injuries galore

PostThu Oct 30, 2014 4:56 pm

So I guess this is why most managers choose to be a little less aggressive than me on injury risks...

Your Current Injuries
Foote, Barry (1977), through Game 52
Henderson, Dave (1988), through Game 54
Suttles, Mule (NeL), through Game 57

Recently Off the Injured List
Fregosi, Jim (1974), healthy for Game 46
Ripken Jr., Cal (1999), healthy for Game 46
Ramirez, Manny (2000), healthy for Game 49
Bagwell, Jeff (1994), healthy for Game 51
Mills, Buster (1934), healthy for Game 52
French, Walter (1929), healthy for Game 54

You shoulda seen some of the lineups - one series I had French, Kiner, and Picciolo as my CFs !!!!

frannyzoo

Re: Injuries galore

PostThu Oct 30, 2014 9:59 pm

I looked him up and in my dreamy hazy memory of life 30+ years ago, I could only remember Rob Picciolo (fondly) as a Brewer. I went to BBREF and see he had a grand total of 48 ABs for the Brew Crew (sorry...I was going to link here to the BBREF page, but the link feature on these board is abysmal) over two years in a nine-year career. I have no memory of him as an Oakland A. Interesting, at least to me.

Meanwhile, Mr. "Treyomo," as a newbie you should probably check to see if players have 600 plate appearances. You obviously don't know about this and are suffering because of your horrible lack of knowledge. Therefore you are an idiot. Oh wait, this isn't a Yahoo Sports Message Board? Well, forget the last few lines then...

scot/frannyzoo

Guynick

Re: Injuries galore

PostThu Oct 30, 2014 10:28 pm

I like a bit of injury risk as well, but am paying the piper on my current $100M team ... Have lost 190 total games to injury, including Ripken, Campanella and leadoff man Bishop for duration as I battle for a playoff spot in the season's last days. They can put up great numbers when they play, though ...

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1384943

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats