PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN CHOOSING WHO TO ADD 2 ATG

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

visick

PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN CHOOSING WHO TO ADD 2 ATG

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 11:50 am

There are some really good choices on that player list.

However, we don't know if/when the next time comes to add players.

Just food for thought here... I added players to ATG that I thought can help some of the franchises that needed help.
This helps all those franchise theme leagues.

IDK why they just don't add ALL of those cards. Why ask?

Sure Jennings would be nice. Rosen as well.

But having Olerud on Toronto helps that franchise. Having Hundley on the Mets is nice when the Dodgers take Piazza, and the Expos take Carter. Sheffield helps a number of franchises.

My 2 cents is helping the lesser teams only makes ATG that much stronger.

visick

alk58

Re: PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN CHOOSING WHO TO ADD 2

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 11:59 am

Please send all PM's to allank58@gmail.com

drfreeze49

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 12:33 pm

It would be nice to see all the franchises have at least one full roster for all us theme like guys...

fraank123

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 12:59 pm

I agree with you guys wholeheartedly. All else being equal, adding players to the franchises in need of key players should be a priority.

muellerinwesttn

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Real good points. Also, i like some others points about getting some lower $ guys added in.

jeff

bontomn

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 10:34 pm

That's why I voted to add Mickey Vernon '53 as my extra choice. AL batting champ, bulletproof and a 1 fielder, he'd really help the postwar Senators.

2cityfan

PostSat Oct 04, 2014 9:31 am

I have run, and will continue to run franchise theme leagues.. And the atgv8 player set has started to make some league concepts viable.. Still some holes that need to be filled. For example,

Starting pitching, 2b, SS for Mont Exp
2b for San Diego exp
2b,SS, CF closer for White Sox exp
SS , LF for Seattle exp
SS for LAD exp
1b for Pittsburgh exp

We do not need $6 million +, all stars in these spots, but just some usable players with 1 or 2 range and just enough offense to make them starters in a $80 million, or $100 million league for the middle infielders, and some usable power at the corner spots

visick

PostSat Oct 04, 2014 11:21 am

Well said 2city.

So we really need Hughie Jennings right now? :roll:

rburgh

PostSat Oct 04, 2014 8:56 pm

I have been lobbying for some time for there to be two ATG sets.

ATG 8 will continue to add high-end cards.

ATG 9 will focus on franchise play. Six eras (1885-1900 - 19th century, 1901-1919 deadball era, 1920-1946 age of Swat, 1947-1972 - age of integration, 1973-1997 - age of the DH, 1998 onward - modern era). 19th century will represent the 12 major franchises of the last 16 seasons of the century - Boston, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington, Brooklyn, Cincinnati, Cleveland, St. Louis, Baltimore, Louisville, Detroit and Indianapolis. All of the other eras will represent all active teams for the era.

For each team in each era, they will get the two "best" cards at each position (including DH), the 10 "best" starters, and the 10 "best" relievers. They will also get the two "best" entire teams for the era, in order to provide a useful selection of bench players. The 9th and db eras may have to have some pitcher endurance ratings adjusted to provide enough pure relievers.

This will be a massive card set; I estimate that it will be about 6500 cards. But the recommended card set format lends itself very well to being developed by polling - say one franchise every 2 weeks, with simultaneous polls for best teams and best players by position. That would roll out the 19th century in about 7 months, the next two eras in about 8 months, and so on.

Andy would love it. I would too.

andycummings65

PostSat Oct 04, 2014 9:54 pm

rburgh wrote:I have been lobbying for some time for there to be two ATG sets.

ATG 8 will continue to add high-end cards.

ATG 9 will focus on franchise play. Six eras (1885-1900 - 19th century, 1901-1919 deadball era, 1920-1946 age of Swat, 1947-1972 - age of integration, 1973-1997 - age of the DH, 1998 onward - modern era). 19th century will represent the 12 major franchises of the last 16 seasons of the century - Boston, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington, Brooklyn, Cincinnati, Cleveland, St. Louis, Baltimore, Louisville, Detroit and Indianapolis. All of the other eras will represent all active teams for the era.

For each team in each era, they will get the two "best" cards at each position (including DH), the 10 "best" starters, and the 10 "best" relievers. They will also get the two "best" entire teams for the era, in order to provide a useful selection of bench players. The 9th and db eras may have to have some pitcher endurance ratings adjusted to provide enough pure relievers.

This will be a massive card set; I estimate that it will be about 6500 cards. But the recommended card set format lends itself very well to being developed by polling - say one franchise every 2 weeks, with simultaneous polls for best teams and best players by position. That would roll out the 19th century in about 7 months, the next two eras in about 8 months, and so on.

Andy would love it. I would too.

I would never play an open league again. Ha 8-)
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats