• Author

The Last Druid

YES!!

PostThu Sep 25, 2014 6:55 pm

To Garcia's blog this week!!

FRANKMANSUETO

Re: YES!!

PostThu Sep 25, 2014 8:22 pm

8-) :D 8-) :D 8-) Yes indeed. Happy, happy, joy. joy!!!!

george barnard

Outta Leftfield

PostFri Sep 26, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks George! Thanks for keeping the faith that those lists would come in handy in the long run.

Also, if you want to see quite a few of the actual cards we'll be voting to add to the current set, you can go to Garcia's Blog to look at the potential options, then use the Player Set Browser to check out cards from the 60s, 70s, and 90s games.

For some reason there are no 80s players among the potential additions, but there are quite a few from the 60s, 70s & 90s. Looking at the cards in the browser gives us a chance to see in quite of few cases what we're voting on.

Of course, the cards as added to the ATG8 may not be identical to the ones from the mystery card games. Fielding and base-running in particular will likely be different, because the decade-league fielding cards offer a composite of 5 seasons. But I found it helpful to look at real cards before making a decision.

Another thing--at first I found myself unable to vote and couldn't figure out why. Then I realized I wasn't logged into the discussion board. Doh! So, if you find yourself blocked from voting, try logging in first.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats