Hitting vs Pitching; where is the strat?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Overwatch009

Re: Hitting vs Pitching; where is the strat?

PostWed Sep 24, 2014 9:34 pm

I did go on a very nice run 8-)

I am very happy with my team. Please don't mistake that. Hafey and Lefty O'doul have been playing great, Greenberg has slugged well in my home park.

It was more about that specific team the nomads and the amount of HRs it had. I wondered if it was "normal" or just a great run of dice rolls (similar to what I rode to ten straight wins.) It seemed like an outlier compared to the rest of the league and I was curious if it was just random or a expected result of that lineup and Penmar together. I hope that explains what I'm getting at.

Once again, thanks for the patience.
Last edited by Overwatch009 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Overwatch009

Re: Hitting vs Pitching; where is the strat?

PostWed Sep 24, 2014 9:43 pm

PATRICKCASSIDY wrote:change of subject - am I the only guy who thinks you have a lot of lefties and switch hitters, who will probably mostly bat lefty for a park that favors righty power over lefty power? So I am pretty impressed by your 6 straight wins at home in games 19-24, not trying to rain on your parade...

Speaker is my only true lefty starter other than my DH vs RHP (O'Doul). My switch hitters are all 1L/R so I thought it would be a good balance. Frisch and Bancroft are not deep flyball hitters (not sure if Mackie would count as a "power" hitter) so they didn't really factor into the park equation for me, I mainly wanted their OBP above average defense and speed. The other switch hitter, Mackie, I took primarily as I love having a stud defensive catcher when I play baseball sims and his offense looked not bad. I was shooting for balance overall and hoping Greenberg and Hafey (Cuyler has been a disaster) would be just enough edge at home. Maybe I should have gone with another park if I was going for balance. So far so good though ;)
I wonder if a better idea might be a league w/ a limit on the BP effect HRs of the parks- no park with a BP HR effect above a certain #, say 10

Some else earlier mentioned halving park effects in ATG online only sine the amount of deep flyball hitter cards there are (or something along those lines.) I don't feel qualified to say at this point.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats