Double Franchise Plus 3 League - Need 6 More

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

JoeyC

Re: Double Franchise Plus 3 League - Looking for 6 More Sign

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Unless my count is off, there are 30 available franchises, so there will be 6 that aren't selected - which will take care of many franchises you listed. As for the manager with the 24th pick, well, they also had the first selection so little tears will be shed.

JoeyC
Last edited by JoeyC on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drfreeze49

Re: Double Franchise Plus 3 League - Looking for 6 More Sign

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 8:46 am

Your going to get a major franchise a supplemental team and three players u will be fine not a prob at 200m. Come on in.

Example the teams you mentioned would be supplements to your Major Franchise...you would lock in:

1. Arizona...Big Unit & Schilling
2. Florida...Kevin Brown...Burnett...Hanley...Caberra
3. Colo.......Walker and Helton
4. Expos.....Pedro ....Murray...Carter
5. Seattle...Griffey...Ichiro...Charlton...F.Hernandez and Boone
6. Padres...Gwynn...Winfield...Hoffman
7.Tampa...Nobody would pick Tampa so that is a no brainer...

Not too bad for a secondary filler

Good luck
Last edited by drfreeze49 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

noir socques

Re: Double Franchise Plus 3 League - Looking for Sign-ups

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 1:23 pm

Rick Smith wrote:
JoeyC wrote:
Musial6 wrote:200M cap, DH allowed, 5/10/20

Double Franchise Portion

Each manager would select two (2) franchise teams in a snake draft - with a randomizer identifying the order of the draft. So if you get the 1st selection and take the Yankees, then you have to wait until the 24th pick and take one of the remaining franchises - perhaps the Arizona team. This means the manager who selects #12 also gets to select 13th.

Plus 3 Portion

Each team will then select three (3) "free agent" players from the franchises not selected. The order of this portion will be 12 to 1, then 1 to 12, and finally 12 to 1. So if you were the 1st pick in the franchise portion, you would have the 12th and 13th and 36th selections in the "Plus 2" portion.

The rules would be:

a. A player belongs to the franchise with highest card value for that player. For example, The SF Giants would "own" Barry Bonds, and he could not be selected by the Pirates.

b. Except for the Plus 3 selections, players could only use a card they had for the particular franchise.

c. A player cannot be selected in the Plus 3 portion if they have a higher value card for one of the franchise teams chosen. For example, Roberto Alomar's Toronto card cannot be selected as a Plus 3 (assuming Toronto wasn't taken as a franchise) if Cleveland was selected as a franchise.

d. Any player, with multiple team cards, that is not chosen by the franchise he has the highest value card for would be available to another franchise he has a card for - after the waiver draft. The thought on "after the waiver draft" is to allow for corrections of any erroneous selections.

For example, if the Cardinals franchise passes on using Joe Torre, he can be picked up after the waiver draft by the Braves franchise, but could only use his Braves card.

e. The Negro League cannot be selected as a franchise; however, the Negro League players are available as Plus 3 selections - subject to the same rules.

f. You must use a ballpark that was used by one of your two (2) selected franchises.

g. No trades allowed.

I will post the franchises in a separate post.

If interested, please sign-up:

1. JoeyC
2. Harryc
3. bontomn
4. musial6
5. Drfreeze
6. Rick Smith
7. Noir Socques

JoeyC

Re: Double Franchise Plus 3 League - Need 5 More

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Bump

Radagast Brown

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 3:33 pm

I think this is a fine idea for a theme and I not only hope you guys have fun but I would love to see how it plays out. The only reason I will not jump in myself is because with a 200 million dollar cap there will be a couple teams that meet that cap and several more who will not be able to come close. 200 million divided by 25 players is 8 million per player average. There is just no way some of the teams will be able to compete with a cap that high and one and a half franchises, even with the 3 additional players. The GMs who get the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals and a few others will be able to put together a 200 million dollar team while the other GMs won't even come close.

Rick Smith

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 8:26 pm

That is a good point about the $200 million salary cap. For that reason I will respectfully resign.

Rick Smith

JoeyC

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 8:49 am

With Rick out, do the rest of us want to consider playing a 6 team league?

I'd vote yes, but would like to hear what the others think.

JoeyC

JoeyC

Re: Double Franchise Plus 3 League - Need 6 More

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 8:52 am

200M cap, DH allowed, 5/10/20

Double Franchise Portion

Each manager would select two (2) franchise teams in a snake draft - with a randomizer identifying the order of the draft. So if you get the 1st selection and take the Yankees, then you have to wait until the 24th pick and take one of the remaining franchises - perhaps the Arizona team. This means the manager who selects #12 also gets to select 13th.

Plus 3 Portion

Each team will then select three (3) "free agent" players from the franchises not selected. The order of this portion will be 12 to 1, then 1 to 12, and finally 12 to 1. So if you were the 1st pick in the franchise portion, you would have the 12th and 13th and 36th selections in the "Plus 2" portion.

The rules would be:

a. A player belongs to the franchise with highest card value for that player. For example, The SF Giants would "own" Barry Bonds, and he could not be selected by the Pirates.

b. Except for the Plus 3 selections, players could only use a card they had for the particular franchise.

c. A player cannot be selected in the Plus 3 portion if they have a higher value card for one of the franchise teams chosen. For example, Roberto Alomar's Toronto card cannot be selected as a Plus 3 (assuming Toronto wasn't taken as a franchise) if Cleveland was selected as a franchise.

d. Any player, with multiple team cards, that is not chosen by the franchise he has the highest value card for would be available to another franchise he has a card for - after the waiver draft. The thought on "after the waiver draft" is to allow for corrections of any erroneous selections.

For example, if the Cardinals franchise passes on using Joe Torre, he can be picked up after the waiver draft by the Braves franchise, but could only use his Braves card.

e. The Negro League cannot be selected as a franchise; however, the Negro League players are available as Plus 3 selections - subject to the same rules.

f. You must use a ballpark that was used by one of your two (2) selected franchises.

g. No trades allowed.

I will post the franchises in a separate post.

If interested, please sign-up:

With Rick's departure, we have:

1. JoeyC
2. Harryc
3. bontomn
4. musial6
5. Drfreeze
6. Noir Socques

JoeyC

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 8:57 am

Radagast Brown wrote:I think this is a fine idea for a theme and I not only hope you guys have fun but I would love to see how it plays out. The only reason I will not jump in myself is because with a 200 million dollar cap there will be a couple teams that meet that cap and several more who will not be able to come close. 200 million divided by 25 players is 8 million per player average. There is just no way some of the teams will be able to compete with a cap that high and one and a half franchises, even with the 3 additional players. The GMs who get the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals and a few others will be able to put together a 200 million dollar team while the other GMs won't even come close.

Most teams will employ 27 rather than 25 players - which amounts to approximately a $7.4 million average. Each team will select two franchises along with three additional players to create one team. I have been in a few of these leagues before and $200 million is easily approachable, if not limiting.

JoeyC

drfreeze49

Re: Double Franchise Plus 3 League - Need 6 More

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 am

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/league/423740

Other then the Yanks...Which I have been in some where they continue to battle to the end...the above link show competiveness at 200m...with same concept except three players extra picked
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats