Diamond Dope

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

agabriel

Re: Diamond Dope

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Valen wrote:When I download the player pool the pitcher endurance ratings column label is FIELDING.

True. It's always been that way.

Valen wrote:I cannot find the column containing the number of gb(A) on each side of the card.

True. It's always been that way.

Valen wrote:I cannot find the column with the year of the card.

It's part of the team column.

Valen wrote:Am I doing something wrong when I download?

Nope.

Valen

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Feel silly for missing the year in the team column. :D Ex girlfriends who claimed I was not observant enough would have a field day with that. :lol:

Any chance of adding the values for gb(A) in to the spreadsheet? Assume it is available since we do enter that as part of the data on the card entry form.

Valen

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Any chance of having the year part of the team name be 4 digits to differentiate between 1899 and 1999?

andycummings65

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Adrian,
When we have added all the new cards, will you take the ATG7 set, minus the upgraded cards, and dump it into ATG8?

agabriel

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Valen wrote:Any chance of adding the values for gb(A) in to the spreadsheet? Assume it is available since we do enter that as part of the data on the card entry form.

Unfortunately, this is not feasible at this time. I never thought to aggregate the gbA's when I initially built Diamond Dope--which I essentially only do for bold outcomes. If I did display gbA on the pool function, it would mean calculating the value for each card on the fly--slowing the page way, way down.

Valen wrote:Any chance of having the year part of the team name be 4 digits to differentiate between 1899 and 1999?

I will do this.

andycummings65 wrote:When we have added all the new cards, will you take the ATG7 set, minus the upgraded cards, and dump it into ATG8?

Yes. I expect that I will have the ATG 8 player set fully fleshed out with the new salaries sometime this weekend.

rburgh

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 3:13 pm

The gbA numbers are not available on DD. A pity.

agabriel

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 4:07 pm

rburgh wrote:The gbA numbers are not available on DD. A pity.

They are on the card reader, not the pool.

Valen

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm

I have modified my queries to create ids so the 2 digit diamonddope year and the strato 4 digit year are compatible so I could create mismatch queries.

I have identified 53 pitchers where the starter endurance listed in the Strato spreadsheet is different than those listed in the diamonddope spreadsheet. For example Walter Johnson 24 is listed as S7 in DD and S8 in Strato spreadsheet.

I don't think we enter that so not sure how to update and make the correction. I can dump results of that query to a file and email. I can also expand or customize that query to compare other fields common to both spreadsheets.

I have a name validation query that flags Staley as Jerry in Strato and Gerry in DD.

Ok, by now guess everyone knows I am a database nerd since I do this sort of thing for recreation. :lol:

Valen

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Of course my little validation/comparision queries only work on those cards that we have finished entering.
So I am back to that little task.

agabriel

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Valen wrote:I have identified 53 pitchers where the starter endurance listed in the Strato spreadsheet is different than those listed in the diamonddope spreadsheet. For example Walter Johnson 24 is listed as S7 in DD and S8 in Strato spreadsheet.

All of the new or upgraded ATG 8 players have updated stats. You should notice that the $7.77M 1924 Walter Johnson in ATG 7 with an S7* endurance. However, the ATG 8 $8.64M 1924 Walter Johnson has the S8* endurance. You might also notice that the upgraded cards have a team name like "WAS-pre+".

Also: nerd.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats