Diamond Dope

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Valen

Re: Diamond Dope

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 pm

So the S7 was carried over from the A7 database. I assume once everything is complete the downloaded A8 spreadsheet will show the new values. All of my comparision queries right now are only comparing the A8 downloaded DD spreadsheet and the A8 strato spreadsheet. My "little" database also has the imported A7 and A6 strato spreadsheets but am using those right now only to build reports on who gained or lost the most in salary assignment.

I had not noticed that the updated cards had different endurance values. I had noted that some had gained or lost a reliever rating or starter rating. But had not noticed the inning numbers had changed. Makes one wonder just what formulas Strato used to determine S and R endurance ratings for the chevy and cadillac versions. Clearl formula is different. I would have thought that would be a fairly simple innings pitched verses number of games started combination resulting in same end calculation since neither stat would have changed between what was available when chevy cards initially created and time cadillac cards were.

Might need to create a query to compare the strato A7 and A8 spreadsheets to identify gainers and losers. Might alter some of my preferences on who I draft. :D

labratory

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 pm

I just entered the 1977 Johnny Oates card. Before approving, there is a weird reading on 1-11 and 3-11.
It says

"SI* 1-".

Not sure what the rest is supposed to be. If someone knows, please correct. Thanks.

agabriel

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 11:05 pm

labratory wrote:I just entered the 1977 Johnny Oates card. Before approving, there is a weird reading on 1-11 and 3-11.
It says

"SI* 1-".

Not sure what the rest is supposed to be. If someone knows, please correct. Thanks.

In other instances, that's been a straight up single. See Mantle and Freel.

Valen

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 12:07 am

I would also email the online help on all cards with funky displays like that. I think they should correct the images. Personally I am not sure why the images Strato displays cannot be generated directly from the underlying data like DD does. There should never be a card where the card image leaves any doubt what the game engine is actually using.

That is my whine about strato for this month. I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :lol:

hackra

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 pm

While stadiums were available to draft on the dope a couple of days ago, our draft now is bogged down because no one else can pick a stadium.

Adrian, if you see this and can address it, thank you.

Otherwise, does anyone have suggestions on this?

agabriel

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 pm

hackra wrote:While stadiums were available to draft on the dope a couple of days ago, our draft now is bogged down because no one else can pick a stadium.

Adrian, if you see this and can address it, thank you.

Otherwise, does anyone have suggestions on this?

I apologize for the inconvenience. I think I know what the problem is. I should be able to fix it when I get home this evening.

hackra

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 pm

thanks again Adrian 8-)

agabriel

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 10:25 pm

The stadium issue should be fixed now.

agabriel

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm also very excited to announce that the Diamond Dope draft now sucks 20x less!

That is, the draft should be significantly faster across all screens.

labratory

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Support confirmed 1977 Johnny Oates should have clean singles on 1-11 and 3-11. They will change the image.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats