Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

Wrigley Field Expansion Plan

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 10:00 pm

mykeedee

Re: Wrigley Field Expansion Plan

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Very nice!!! thanks for posting Andy. :)

Mike

Musial6

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 pm

So where is Steve Bartman's private box?

Brent65

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 pm

In the under ground tunnel, next to the batting cages.

bkeat23

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Musial6 wrote:So where is Steve Bartman's private box?

It's an anteroom off the Hoffa Suite.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 pm

andycummings65 wrote:http://www.wrigleyfield.com/plan

Great. A nicer yet more expensive seat to watch a losing club :(

scorehouse

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 8:10 pm

don't understand how the project will be a "cornerstone to bring a World Series Championship and perennial contender" to Chicago? plus if i read it correctly the half BILLION project won't increase seating capacity? i thought there was a big legal problem concerning blocking the views of surrounding properties that pay for the rights to those views? not a cubbie so i don't know the intricacies

Quincy Wilson

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 10:32 pm

Half a billion and we will still have posts blocking our view of the field. But then there are posts in Boston and we are
following the Boston plan so everything is ok.I guess. I live in far off Kendall County and once a year I would take a tour
bus to Wrigley with other old people,no choice in tickets and every year I would sit behind a post. I would be told every
year to find another seat before the game started. Easier said than done. Last year, after realizing that after 67 years
of watching the Cubs I had not ever been in the upper deck. So I tried that . After 10 minutes I went down to sit behind
my post.This year there was no tour bus to Wrigley, instead it went to a minor league park. Everybody enjoyed it hughely
I was told. I did not go. If I want to watch minor leaguers I watch the Cubs.

scorehouse

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 pm

did you ever the see the cubs win? oh, uh sorry you were behind your post! :lol:

Quincy Wilson

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 11:22 pm

Well, scorehouse, believe it or not, but the Cubbies won the last 2 years. I could see enough to know that. The seats
always change so the angles and distances change.Two years ago the from the seat I had I could not see most of right field
and much of the area between second base and first base.My wife and I did change seats for that one but the real
ticket holders showed up and chased us off.So we just returned to our original miserable seats. Last year was not quite so bad. We were farther from a post but I still missed some infield and outfield plays.

As you can probably tell I am a heretic. If the inquisition still existed I would probably be burned at the stake, after my entrails were cut out and fed to the dogs er since this is Chicago we are talking about fed to the rats would be more
accurate. The Cubs should have moved to the suburbs where modern conveniences such as parking lots and access to
interstates are available. And that may still happen sometime in the future.

Anyway,this expansion plan is supposed to generate sufficient revenue to pay for a farm system that will produce
enough talent to make the Cubs a perennial contender. The opposite of what happened in the mid thirties when William
Wrigley died and Phil took his place and cut back on expenses.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats