Good laugh from "fill out your draft list instantly"

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

BDWard

Good laugh from "fill out your draft list instantly"

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 12:39 am

So I'm in Barnstormers 2014 round 5, which is a $200 mil DH league. I've never played $200 mil previously and I'm a little pressed for time, so I hit the "fill out your draft list instantly button, going 70%/30% hitting/pitching.

Included on my draft card are Josh Gibson, Foxx, Hornsby, Wagner, Brett, Bonds, Ruth, Mantle, Aaron, Maddux, Alexander, Carlton, Hoffman & Fingers. $21 nil was left over.

I'm thinking that would be a pretty good haul if I could get those guys.

I decide to try again, this time at 65/35 hitting pitching. This time I got: Gibson, Foxx, Hornsby, Wagner, Brett, Mantle, Ruth, Maddux, Grove, Clemens, Bender, Hoffman & Gossage. $34 mil was left over. Another pretty good draft card, though not quite as good as the first time.

I had to laugh at these draft cards, as they both look a little overly optimistic at $200 mil to me. Despite that, I don't get why so much money was left on the table.

But maybe HAL knows something I don't or is trying to tell me something. Hmmm.... - Bernie

bkeat23

Re: Good laugh from "fill out your draft list instantly"

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 8:32 am

Maybe there's a switch that increases the chances of getting a player when HAL makes the draft card.

Radagast Brown

Re: Good laugh from "fill out your draft list instantly"

PostThu Jul 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Oh boy. I never understood having the computer make those decisions especially since, besides the Mystery Game, there is not much managing to do once the season starts. So often times the preseason is the most exciting time and picking your team is the most fun.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats