can't believe all the complaints...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

ROBERTLATORRE

Re: can't believe all the complaints...

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 2:34 pm

We have a saying in the Latorre house, used ad infinitum because I have younger daughters.

"You get what you get, and you don't get upset."

:-)

STEVE F

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 2:38 pm

ROBERTLATORRE wrote:We have a saying in the Latorre house, used ad infinitum because I have younger daughters.

Could you perhaps find the time to give my sister a lesson on parenting? Oh, wait, it's too late ;)

ROBERTLATORRE

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm

STEVE F wrote:
ROBERTLATORRE wrote:We have a saying in the Latorre house, used ad infinitum because I have younger daughters.

Could you perhaps find the time to give my sister a lesson on parenting? Oh, wait, it's too late ;)

I NEVER suggested it worked, just pointing out that my wife and I say it ALL THE TIME. Kids are smarter that we were at that age LOL

"Her half of ice cream sandwich is bigger than mine!!"
"I only go to play with the (insert any game or toy here) for 5 minutes, she had it for 10!"
"It's MY turn to pick a show!"
"She sat in that chair all morning, it's my turn!"
"I need the red crayon, she won't give it tom me, the other red one is too red!"

oh my head

JoeyC

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 2:54 pm

I heard a rumor that SOM used a consulting firm for the roll-out of ATG 8 - a firm by the name of Dewey, Screwem and Howe. Apparently the front man for such firm is Ben Dover.

ROBERTLATORRE

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 2:56 pm

JoeyC wrote:I heard a rumor that SOM used a consulting firm for the roll-out of ATG 8 - a firm by the name of Dewey, Screwem and Howe. Apparently the front man for such firm is Ben Dover.

Ha! Car Talk reference! Dewy, Cheatum, and Howe!

Radagast Brown

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Andy Cummings wrote:
Seeing the j/c cards would not matter at all to me. I just didn't want to see them in the ATG set with no options. Create a Fantasy Set and add the j/c cards, Roy Hobbs, Sid Finch, Mexican Leaguers, and that scientist/pitcher from "It Happens Every Spring." I'm serious about that BTW. Let those who want to have them have an option to play them, just don't make them part of the standard ATG set.

That is exactly how I feel about ALL the pre World War 2 (all white) baseball cards. Does anyone really believe Hugh Duffy could bat .440 in the MLB of today? Half of those pre war players could not have cut it in the minor leagues of today. The trouble is no one seems to want to play with just the post WW2 set (with DH at a reasonable cap), so I had to join a league that uses the whole ATG8 set (which is fine).

I agree that a lot of the complaining does not make sense to me. I think this is the best game ever! :D

ROBERTLATORRE

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:
That is exactly how I feel about ALL the pre World War 2 (all white) baseball cards. Does anyone really believe Hugh Duffy could bat .440 in the MLB of today? Half of those pre war players could not have cut it in the minor leagues of today. The trouble is no one seems to want to play with just the post WW2 set (with DH at a reasonable cap), so I had to join a league that uses the whole ATG8 set (which is fine).

Radagast, I only play the ATG pre or post card sets at 80/100M cap just for that reason (except for Barnstormers). I totally agree, it makes more sense to me to split the card set by era. Would be AWESOME is if SOM allowed us to create card sets by year (i.e. a custom group of 1947-1962 for example!) That would be a great addition.

PM me, I'll jump in to Pre/Post card set leagues with 80/100 caps with you anytime!

Radagast Brown

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm

RobertLatorre wrote :

Radagast, I only play the ATG pre or post card sets at 80/100M cap just for that reason (except for Barnstormers). I totally agree, it makes more sense to me to split the card set by era. Would be AWESOME is if SOM allowed us to create card sets by year (i.e. a custom group of 1947-1962 for example!) That would be a great addition.

That is a great idea and point Robert. I will look for post war 80/100 cap leagues that you are in to join in the future. Playing all the pre war cards separately makes a lot of sense. I too have thought it would be fun to play cards only from the 50s or 60s up to say the 70s or 80s.

Radagast Brown

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm

I guess I can understand people being upset that some of their favorite cards of their favorite players are not available even though there have been requests for them. There is a huge pool of cards in ATG8 to select from. But I do think it would be really nice if SOM added a dozen or two dozen new cards every month the way TSN was doing near the end of their run (with Bernie). It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to add a couple dozen cards that have been requested every so often, am I wrong about that? And sometimes I shake my head at players who have four or even five cards while some players only have one or two cards. But overall I am real happy with on-line SOM, that doesn't mean that new request are out of line.

YountFan

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:I guess I can understand people being upset that some of their favorite cards of their favorite players are not available even though there have been requests for them. There is a huge pool of cards in ATG8 to select from. But I do think it would be really nice if SOM added a dozen or two dozen new cards every month the way TSN was doing near the end of their run (with Bernie). It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to add a couple dozen cards that have been requested every so often, am I wrong about that? And sometimes I shake my head at players who have four or even five cards while some players only have one or two cards. But overall I am real happy with on-line SOM, that doesn't mean that new request are out of line.

They could easily fly in cards from the mystery games. Tons of cards to use that are already in the game. Easy peasy
Posted by the real YountFan
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats