can't believe all the complaints...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Radagast Brown

Re: can't believe all the complaints...

PostThu Jul 17, 2014 11:32 pm

I agree YountFan! Why don't they just add a bunch of cards from the Mystery Leagues? It doesn't seem like it would be too hard and it would give the customer base something to look forward to each month.

genegrid

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 4:21 pm

mastermosser39 wrote:i think the strat brats need to chill and get over themselves

you would think with all of the damn complaining strat would just say the hell with it and pull the game, not worth it to them to put up with spoiled brats who will never be happy

I say amen. Been playing this game since it started in 2002. It is cheaply priced entertainment that can be played just to see the great names or to try and game the game as many of the veterans did/do.
For $2.50 a week u cant even buy a beer at the cheapest dive in town. The complaining cracks me up. Could it be better? yes. Should you make suggestions? yes. Should people whine like they spent their last dollar in Vegas and got dealt off the bottom? For $2.50? well I will leave that to those less ignorant I suppose.
As for me. great fun and I will continue to enjoy it just as I have since I started playing the board game in 1968. What? My 100 win team lost to the wild card? there goes my free credit and now there are no groceries for my children!! whoa is me. I think I will just go and buy a $10 paperback novel that takes 2 days to read.

genegrid

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 4:32 pm

ROBERTLATORRE wrote:
JoeyC wrote:I heard a rumor that SOM used a consulting firm for the roll-out of ATG 8 - a firm by the name of Dewey, Screwem and Howe. Apparently the front man for such firm is Ben Dover.

Ha! Car Talk reference! Dewy, Cheatum, and Howe!

Wasnt that a 3 Stooges reference? Or did it come before them?

Radagast Brown

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 4:40 pm

genegrid wrote :
I say amen. Been playing this game since it started in 2002. It is cheaply priced entertainment that can be played just to see the great names or to try and game the game as many of the veterans did/do.
For $2.50 a week u cant even buy a beer at the cheapest dive in town. The complaining cracks me up. Could it be better? yes. Should you make suggestions? yes. Should people whine like they spent their last dollar in Vegas and got dealt off the bottom? For $2.50? well I will leave that to those less ignorant I suppose.
As for me. great fun and I will continue to enjoy it just as I have since I started playing the board game in 1968. What? My 100 win team lost to the wild card? there goes my free credit and now there are no groceries for my children!! whoa is me. I think I will just go and buy a $10 paperback novel that takes 2 days to read.

Good point!

CTStough

PostSat Jul 19, 2014 12:30 pm

Genegrid is my hero.

genegrid

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 8:12 pm

i felt the need to bump this back up to see if anyone else agrees with me. I have been reading the whining for 12 years and dont get it. This is a great game, cheaply priced. I may have to restart my theme of the month club now that I am retired.

rburgh

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 10:50 pm

People whine for no reason. I pointed out that Terry Harmon has a very strange card, and they bitched that nobody asked for it. Well, Terry Harmon has been around for as long as I can remember, but they updated his card to the SADV version. No "mea culpa" from the whiner, either.

dharmabums

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 6:33 am

genegrid wrote:i felt the need to bump this back up to see if anyone else agrees with me. I have been reading the whining for 12 years and dont get it.

Doing a bit of trolling? Finding the boards a bit boring lately?

Salty

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 11:55 am

dharmabums wrote:
genegrid wrote:i felt the need to bump this back up to see if anyone else agrees with me. I have been reading the whining for 12 years and dont get it.

Doing a bit of trolling? Finding the boards a bit boring lately?

LMMFFAO-

BINGO!!!
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats