Garcia's Blog

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FRANKMANSUETO

Garcia's Blog

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Featured ATG 7 Shuffled set!
We've created a new, random 1,000-card ATG 7 player set that we'll be featuring, to encourage you to shake things up
and try our Shuffle the Deck feature! You can browse the cards in this set here, and we'll even help fill out any
Live Draft leagues you start using it by promoting them in this space. More details here!

Really! I must be drunk. This is what we get and NO NEW CARDS! I love playing SOM and love the NEW Draft feature. But come on we already have a Card Shuffle and I am sure this added feature at this time is not needed. I know in the SOM World the Customer is NEVER right! But PLEASE start paying attention to your customers requests.

drfreeze49

Re: Garcia's Blog

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Amen Frank...I firmly believe Hals minions are either incompetent or down right ignorant...either way we lose........

nevdully's

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 7:09 pm

No longer is Babe Ruth the automatic 1st overall pick. In fact, Ruth may not even be available!

Hey let's not improve game play logic or add a new set, let's just take away some of our customers favorites...Guess which and how many of your favs you can't use this time....Yes this should be a smash hit!

djmacb

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Very strange. They clearly aren't marketing to the people who currently play ATG7.

Badjam

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 8:02 pm

All of these blogs and he still hasn't acknowledged the wish list, created at the bottom of the forum subjects, even exists.

The Last Druid

RE: LATEST BLOG BULLSHYTE

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 8:07 pm

What continues to amaze, if not astonish, me is the utter hubris of SOM, which is rivaled only by their unimaginable stupidity vis a vis ATG.

Rather than respond to what the community obviously wants, they just unilaterally go ahead and repackage the same RANDOM shuffle bullshyte that has already fallen flat on its face.

I love the game but have zero respect for SOM management. They really deserve to go bankrupt, IMHO. Just when you think they couldn't sink lower in their apparent zeal to frustrate and alienate what remains of the ATG base, they outdo themselves again!! I thought the 6 team league scam was a new low, all it has accomplished is decreasing the number of standard 12 team leagues filling. But hey they get to pay out less in credits... :shock:

How hard would it be to add a few hundred cards, all of which could be imported from other SOM online games?

I'm down to around 10 teams, used to play 50. Can barely find leagues to play in.

If these geniuses want to inject some life into ATG either reprice or add new cards. Or better, do both.

And I love how Garcia never even addresses these issues, just trots out the latest repackaged garbage.

nevdully's

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Such a poorly run site is why I'm down from usually running 35 or so active teams, to only four.

bontomn

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 am

There's just no denying that increasing the salary cap to $999,999 mil, adding six-team leagues and now adding a new, pre-detemined shuffle leagues are a lot easier and cheaper to ccomplish than actually give us ATGers something we have made clear that we desire and need--specifically, new player cards--hundreds of which already have been created for past seasons in the board game. It seems that it would be reasonably easy and inexpensive to copy these cards into the online game.

I confess that I'm not a computer programmer and may be totally off base here. But, if I am, wouldn't it be relatively simple for someone like John G. to address the question in, say, next week's blog?

dwightskino21

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 11:30 am

Imagine sitting around a table and brainstorming new ideas... and you come up with a diminished set of cards, a six team league and a scavenger hunt. Wow... kind of like maybe probably there was no one at the table???

And I still can't draft a GREAT Kaline card yet...

just pixs poor management

I wish someone would buy ATG from super Hal, and really get behind the product

nomadbrad

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 12:21 pm

dwightskino21 wrote:And I still can't draft a GREAT Kaline card yet...

You said it...in fact if you want to repackage how about lowering all Kaline cards by about 85 cents...for that matter lower the price on about 800 of the cards...that alone would inject a LOT of new interest!
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats