who would be interested in...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Scottbdoug

Re: who would be interested in...

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 2:57 pm

So what i will do is start a new post for joining up to a 24 team 200mil draft league. If i am correct there are 5 of us so far interested.

Scottbdoug
Mr. Baseball World
Steve F
ROBERTLATORRE
Rjnewman

Rj since it was ur suggestion I assume you will be joining us in this adventure?

The name of the league will be called Best of the Best (since i am so humble).

I am though a bit sad in that we will be losing the excitement and skill needed to thinkbon your feet on thr fly that a live draft forces on its participants.

I will post the new league and the basic rules so everyone is on the same page for the draft and the season that will result.

I think 24hrs is long enough for someone to choose their player that way we arent waiting for ever or is this a mistake? We could say 24hrs from the time the previous person picked to speed it up even more. If you miss ur 24hr window we continue and you pick at end.

Scott.

JoeyC

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Vegas just put the over/under odds on when this league starts at December 29, 2014.

:D

STEVE F

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Scott,
If you take proxy picks in your private in box, you should be able to get by on 4 to 6 hours per pick. This way, everyone knows when their time slot is, and they can send you a short list if they're not gonna be around for their pick time

Scottbdoug

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Proxy picks would be advantageous to me would it not since i would know what ppl pick b4 they pick it? Better if i dont know no?

STEVE F

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Well, you could really send your proxy pick to any other mgr. Maybe one who drafts shortly after you so that it wouldn't matter if they knew who you were taking that round

Scottbdoug

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Ok i thought about it and have come up with a solution....

How about this..
We draft 25 players in 25 days.

This is how...

Once the order of the draft is established we will do 4 teams picks every 2hrs. The day's draft will last 12hrs and ppl can reassess their next pick for the following day.

So in other words there will be six blocks of 4 picks.

People will email me their pick and 3 alternates in order. If i dont receive an email within that 2hr period the pick is lost. At the end of the 2hrs i will post the picks. Then wait for the next 4 teams to send me their picks etc. If a team wishes to send me their picks earlier they can but they must include extra alternative to cover the extra picks that will come before its theit turn.

So for example

Day 1

10am to noon - picks 1 to 4. The first 4 teams have 105min to send me their pick (the 15min i will need to post the picks). Team one just needs to send me thir pick. Team 2 sends me their pick an 1 alternative. Team 3 their pick and 2 alternatives. And team 4 their pick and 3 alternatives. By noon the 4 picks will be posted.

Noon to 2pm - picks 5 to 8. The 2nd 4 teams hav 105min to send me their picks the same way as picks 1 to 4.

This will continue until picks 21 to 24 are chosen. The the order is reversed foe the next day. After 25 days its done.

If a team wishes to send me their picks earlier as i mentioned above they can but they must increase their alternates accordingly. So for example if team 6 on the first day cant be around to email me their picks at the proper time and needs to send me the email by 9am. Then he must include his pick and 5 alternatives so he is sure one of those players are available.

We can also do this in 8 team 4 hour blocks or 12 team 6 hour blocks if ppl wish but i chose 4 team 2 hour blocks so teams dont need to reveal their macro choices in their team building strategy.

What does everyone think of this idea?

STEVE F

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 5:49 pm

That can work. I'd say also have a thread in the keeper leagues boards so people can just post their pick if they're online when it's their turn to pick. I prefer to post my own picks live when possible, and since I'm disabled I'm almost always around

Scottbdoug

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 5:54 pm

You mean in the "individual league chat" board?

STEVE F

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Scottbdoug wrote:You mean in the "individual league chat" board?

Right. That is where all the "current day" keeper leagues run their drafts. I joined one last year. There are a couple guys there that do a real nice job running drafts (and leagues). You might even browse through a couple of last year's drafts to get some ideas

unclerowser

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 3:13 pm

[quote="ROBERTLATORRE"]Scott, a few of us have another approach to supplement what we play here or offline. Have you ever participated in a play by email league?

Looks interesting. How does one join a play by email league?
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats