Official Posting thread/rules for the ATG Records WIKI

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mighty moose

Official Posting thread/rules for the ATG Records WIKI

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Submitting your team for ATG-VII-VIII - "record books".

(ATG Records for ATGV/VI are officially retired)

For recognition on the TSN official record books, your record must tie or beat a record already posted on the WIKI records site. Your player must also meet minimum MLB standards for Plate Appearances (PA) and Innings Pitched (IP). This is 3.1 PA per game, which is 502.2 for our 162 game season. For our use, we will use 502. For starting pitchers, 1 inning per game is required, or 162 innings pitched. For relief pitchers, 40 innings pitched will be required.

All records must be submitted with verifiable links to the record. The way to properly link your team is to go to your leagues statistics section, and move your mouse over your team which will reveal your "team ID" at the end of the line. Cut and paste the link into your posting. The same is done for records only found in the "Stats: Scorehouse: Leaders" section instead of your main team page. Look at other postings submitted in the records thread before your posting to see the correct format. Without the team ID at the end of the line, the person clicking on your link to see your record achievement will only see their latest team.

If you submit a link that does not work, I will reply to your submission with "Invalid Link", and you will need to resubmit the record by returning with another e-mail or message base posting.

Some of the categories in Hitting and Pitching are clearly shown in "Your Team", others are only shown in your leagues "Statistics" section. All Team stats are shown in "Your Team". I will post the top 5 for hitting, pitching and team records except in the case of ties for 5th position, where all records matching the lowest will get recorded. Records listed in the statistics section that have a *** for team are players who served on two or more teams during the season and are INELIGIBLE for records.

Records are not accepted from any type of radical theme league where the player pool is limited (all hitting or all pitching theme leagues, etc.) If you see a record posted and you know it is from a radical theme, please report it.

Team 80 and Team 100 are the two most popular salary caps. Team records will not be accepted from the 60, 140 or 200 mil caps.

Single Game records will be accepted from 80 and 100 caps and will be the highest only for the category, so do not submit unless your game beats the posted record. You will need to submit the BOXSCORE link for the Single Game and Big Game categories.

Extra-Inning games will be considered for the records pages, except where a record is broken by a corresponding "hit", "homerun" or "strikeout" (whatever the category is) and it comes in extra innings. If the record is broken before extra innings, the record is good for posting.

For perfect games, the boxscore must call it a perfect game with no walks or hbp recorded. No-hitters will be accepted in the ATG game until there are 15, and then they will be listed by most strikeouts. Future no hitters will only be listed if they beat the minimum # of strikeouts. This is due to space limitations. Pitcher hitting big games will also be considered on a case by case basis.

Don't ask if new categories will be posted for your particular "winning streak" - "consecutive games with a home run, etc" as we do not have the space for it and it will probably be impossible to "link" to the record.

And lastly, please have patience in the posting of your record. I do not get paid for this and I am not a SOM employee. I volunteer my time for this so I will get around to posting the record in due time. I will also post when I am caught up to date so you can see if I overlooked your posting.

You can also submit the record to me through e-mail at: moose@sirmightymoose.com

ALL OFF-TOPIC POSTS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS THREAD. THIS IS FOR RECORDS POSTING ONLY.

The records section is linked below.

http://somonline.wikia.com/wiki/Record_books:_All-Time_Greats_V/VI
Last edited by mighty moose on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 10 times in total.

mighty moose

Re: Official Posting Rules and Thread for ATGV/VI Records WI

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 pm

I am going to request this thread get stickied to the top of the forum.

Yes, I will be happy to update the records for teams / achievements that happen with teams played on the new SOM site.

STILL AWAITING the availability to see the teams from the old SOM site which so many records are based upon. It is my assumption that this will come in due time. :)

sdajr76

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 12:37 am

-steven

ROBERTLATORRE

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Team Shutouts - 23
$80 Mil Cap

League Stats Page http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/league/stats/teams/163970 since Shutouts doun't show in the player page.

Here is the team page http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/385127

RangerJoe

mighty moose

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Posting is up to date.... ;)

voovits

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 pm

mighty moose wrote:I do not get paid for this and I am not a TSN employee.

You might want to fix that. :D

mighty moose

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 1:29 pm

If it's THAT important to you. ;)

Twisms

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 12:32 pm

I am submitting a record... as of right now I have 4 Pitchers that qualify to be on this chart... Wow thats not good

Most Earned Runs Allowed
Bill Singer-at 282
Bob Veale - at 263
http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/806186

RangerJoe

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 1:22 am

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats