Hitter checkbox page, enhanced Per-Game Starters page

Hitter checkbox page, enhanced Per-Game Starters page

Postby bernieh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Early treat...

Effective immediately, the SOM Online game interface now has the following changes:

Hitter checkbox page
A one-stop shop to set the individual preference checkboxes for all your position players on one page. You no longer have to bring up each of your players' cards to access them individually. Click on Your Team -> Strategy: Hitters.

Enhanced Per-Game Starters page
The Per-Game Starters page now includes ballpark information for each series, with Single and HR numbers and a pretty picture and everything.

Slightly re-organized menu bar
In order to fit the new Hitter checkbox page in the menu bar, the Per-Game Starters and Rotation pages have been merged into one link - "Starting Pitchers". To get to your default Rotation, just click on the "Rotation" tab therein. The remaining strategy pages have been organized into a more elegant "Strategy: Hitters | Pitchers | Team" layout.

Please let me know if you have any technical problems with any of these changes. One of the reasons I'm putting this up early is to reduce the moving parts on ATG 6 launch day and address any possible issues early.

Enjoy!
bernieh

Postby artie4121 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Most excellent. . . Thank you Bernie.
artie4121

Postby Salty » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I find that the per game starter interface is a really nice addition, not that the other ones hurt.

thanks,

Salt 8-)
Salty

Postby voovits » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Shouldn't the hitters bunting/H&R/stealing abilities be listed in that checkbox page? I use those ratings to determine the individual player settings, and if I have to click on the player card to see them, it defeats the purpose of the one big page.

Other than that, it looks very good.
voovits

Postby The Last Druid » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Good start with the hitter's section. But it would be nice if we could also fill out a whole column with one click, e.g. don't hit and run. That would make things a whole lot easier.

The bp pics are nice, at least for the ones that are available. It's the one's that aren't that don't look so good.
The Last Druid

Postby guardian154 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:26 pm

The per game starters page is awesome IMHO. I like seeing the park stats and the picture on the page, I know most of the vets here probably know the stadium stats by heart but my age and having lived thru the 70's as a teenager my short term memory suffers...great job
guardian154

Postby macnole » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Another step toward continually improving the interface.
Yes the per game starter page is much better!

Now wish could get rid of whatever ad or pop-under code that slows my browser to a halt.
macnole

Postby nevdully's » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Lotsa good stuff Bernie. :)

A small addition could be in the schedule/results column where it lists only your starter..it would be helpful to also list your opponents sp.
nevdully's

Postby AeroDave10 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:51 pm

[quote:fd505f5efd="voovits"]Shouldn't the hitters bunting/H&R/stealing abilities be listed in that checkbox page? I use those ratings to determine the individual player settings, and if I have to click on the player card to see them, it defeats the purpose of the one big page.

Other than that, it looks very good.[/quote:fd505f5efd]

I agree. The additions are much needed and appreciated. However, it would be good to see the hitters' ratings so that the appropriate boxes could be checked more easily.
AeroDave10

Postby hackra » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks Bernieh! :D

now I would like a checkbox on my hitters for Strikeout less, "Don't think about stealing home", "Crowd the plate - you are a cheap backup" and especially "Duck-I can't lose you for 15 games"

8-)
hackra

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats