Strat-O-Matic.com transition updates

Postby rossarino » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 pm

I'll probably be ridiculed for this but I'm surprised by the ongoing negativity on this forum. There are billion dollar companies that don't provide any modicum of customer service. Airlines, banks, cell phone companies, hotel chains, restaurants, tech companies, etc, etc.

Here you have a guy who for all we know has basically kept the old site up and running with chewing gum and spit and is doing everything he can to get the new site up as quickly as possible with as few glitches as possible. As one post said whatever glitches there are probably affect all so there is no advantage.

At the end of the day if the product isn't worth the money people will not buy it. It costs $30 for 2 people to go to the movies with drinks and snacks. I don't know what other online games cost but for me a 5 pack with the occasional free credit for making the finals is still good value. IMHO once all the problems are ironed out this is going to be a great game.
rossarino

Postby Palmtana » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 pm

elch would be proud. Well said.
Palmtana

Well said

Postby oldhat2 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 pm

I second that!
oldhat2

Postby tcochran » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Agreed. Let's close these old forums on a positive note. Who knows, maybe that will spread some good cheer into the new site...
tcochran

Thank YOU, SOF!!!

Postby Chuckgnh1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Gawd, I am sick and tired of reading the belching, mewling wah, wah, wah from the nabobs wasting their precious minutes away moaning about this extended period of "suffering" ............ referring to Mr. Petro...., for one. Your comments about Bernie go way beyond insulting. Just quit, and go away, if you're so unhappy!!!
Chuckgnh1

Postby Free Radicals » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:44 am

As a fantasy sports nut forced to TSN by them buying out Small World's games in 2000. SW had the best games in the world. All the games that TSN had here ( baseball, football, hockey,basketball,golf,nascar etc) came from SW. TSN immediately took those great games( which were free on SW) and bastardized them and charged for them and had crappy prizes. In 1999 over 600,000 were playing the baseball game at SW. With 2 weeks to go I was in 4th place and had a chance at the grand prize. No, my pitching staff went south for the last 2 weeks and I ended up in 74th out of over 600,000. For finishing in 74th, I got 6 player 12" figurines ( which I still have), a set of Small World drinking glasses (6) and a t-shirt. TSN offered grand prizes of like $1500. SW offered for grand prize. 4 tickets to the world series for a game in both parks, airfare, hotel, ground travel, and $500 spending money in each town . Now that's a prize. Plus SW was free to play. GOOD BYE TSN. Absolutely no reason to come to this site anymore now. Meet you knuckleheads on SOM someday.
Free Radicals

Re: These forums will shut down for archiving Sat, noon ET

Postby djmacb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 am

[quote:34607dd759="bernieh"]we'll be setting up a temporary, scratch forum over at Strat-O-Matic.com[/quote:34607dd759]
I'll believe this when I see it. Why would Strat-o-matic agree to set up a a public forum on their site just so people can complain and badger them for free credits? Doesn't seem like a good business strategy to me.
djmacb

Postby the splinter » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:29 am

[img:c37ebfc878]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2MQNrOlyWLU/TsTSJ8l907I/AAAAAAAACp4/aiqL3245tTg/s1600/theend031_0.jpg[/img:c37ebfc878]
the splinter

We don't need forums

Postby Badjam » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:37 am

There once was a time when I was a beginner and came to the forums to pick up some pointers from a very helpful and enthusiastic community. Also this forum had some great seasons and experiences to read about along with links to helpful sites like Diamond Dope. However reading this forum lately is only for people that need their daily dose of depression. Weird how many people are asking for credits for their suffering but then go on to say they don't want to play anymore. What good are credits if you are no longer playing? Some people have posted about five times about quitting. OK, so quit, go away, we get your point. Let's weed out the negative people.

Now, I agree much of the thrill is gone from the extended layoff but it will grow back. This switch over did not go smooth but one step at a time and we will be back to where we were and maybe better than ever at some point.

But we don't need forums if they are just going to turn into a bunch of people trying to drag us into their depression.
Badjam

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx