Thank You, Bernie

Thank You, Bernie

Postby coyote303 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:32 am

I can only imagine the hours Bernie has put into this project. His thanks from some? Condemnation and criticism.

Dale Carnegie once said any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain...and most fools do.

I would like to state for the record I appreciate all that Bernie has done for the game and the long hours he has put in. While I wish as much as anyone that things had gone smoother, I know from real world experience what happened is normal for a major IT project.

I know everything had to be rewritten for the new platform, yet some people complain parts aren’t as good as before, or why couldn’t these changes wait until after the move (never mind they were essential—new platform, duh!) Never mind that Bernie has promised to go back and make these things right.

A few people suggested Bernie was not the man for the job. Considering all the different skills needed, I disagree. Considering how much money I suspect he’s getting paid, I super disagree. And considering his dedication and desire to go the extra mile for us, there could not be anyone better for what Bernie does.

So, to Bernie, I give a big, sincere thank you for making this transition possible.
coyote303

Postby fraank123 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 am

coyote303, i couldnt have said it any better myself.

Thanks Bernie
fraank123

Postby hendrix08 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:46 am

I 100% agree.

Thanks Bernie.
hendrix08

Postby nevdully's » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:05 am

Talk about short-sighted. I truly believe if the game was shut down for 6 months Bernie would still get the same thanks, from the same people...Ignorance is truly bliss.
nevdully's

Postby artie4121 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:11 am

"IF" my aunt had a beard, she'd be my uncle.

And there are some people who, if Bernie got it back in ONE day would still not be satisfied.

Good going, Bernie.
artie4121

Postby the splinter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am

My next team name

The Bearded Aunties
the splinter

Postby Roosky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:18 am

[quote:7bd240f2a5="nevdully's"]Talk about short-sighted. I truly believe if the game was shut down for 6 months Bernie would still get the same thanks, from the same people...Ignorance is truly bliss.[/quote:7bd240f2a5]

I find it pretty short-sighted to call someone ignorant over one post they make on an internet forum. But whatever floats your boat I guess.
Roosky

Postby hendrix08 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:22 am

There are 12 pages of complaints listed in the other thread. Lets just leave this thread to say "Thank You", if you feel its warranted.
hendrix08

Postby fraank123 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 am

[b:deb3f6bc6d][i:deb3f6bc6d]nevdully's wrote:
Talk about short-sighted. I truly believe if the game was shut down for 6 months Bernie would still get the same thanks, from the same people...Ignorance is truly bliss. [/i:deb3f6bc6d][/b:deb3f6bc6d]

I do have to admit to ignorance...ignorance of the existence of this online version of the game until about 2 years ago.

I certainly cannot claim bliss during the years after i stopped playing the old fashioned card and dice way until i stumbled onto the online game, deep down i missed playing strat with other live managers.

I'm sure my relative newness to the game makes me see things from a different perspective than some of you who have invested a lot more time and money than i have but my thought process was that it's better to wait a little for the game to be moved and fixed properly rather than possibly losing the game entirely.

No doubt it would have been better to have a smoother transition to the new site but at least we are heading in the right direction overall.
fraank123

If this, if that...

Postby tcochran » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Some of the managers seem to be stuck with "If this, if that..."

There's an old saying that if frogs had wings, they wouldn't have to drag their little a**es on the ground.

It is what it is.

[quote:efe63902d1="fraank123"] it's better to wait a little for the game to be moved and fixed properly rather than possibly losing the game entirely.

No doubt it would have been better to have a smoother transition to the new site but at least we are heading in the right direction overall.[/quote:efe63902d1]

I believe Frank has it right. This transition could have gone more smoothly, but it seems to be headed in the right direction now. I'm grateful that the game is back on again...
tcochran

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx