Best Value cards

Best Value cards

Postby geekor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok, so I have no more credits, so I don't care what info I give out anymore.

So who are the guys that really seem to stand out for you.

Me?

Y Gallardo. By Far and away. He ends up being my best pitcher, even though he is 3rd, ever single time. Guys just does well. Yea he gives up some HR's, but whip and ERA always stay low for me.

H Kuroda is the same. Not pretty (no K's like Gallardo) but seems to keep a sub 4 era and sub 1.3 whip on the cheap, just gets me wins.

On the hitting side, it's no secret I love Reed Johnson. plays either LF or RF, and just performs, team in team out. .280+, .340+ and will hit 40+ 2B's and 20+ HR's. Just solid for 5 mil.

Also, it's know by now who my #1 pick is every team I play. J Reyes. Has speed, BA, OB, Triples, doubles and some HR pop. Guys ends up 300 BA, .360+ OB and typically over .500 slugging. Best 1/2 hitter in the set.

Last but not least, I love me some Aramis Ramirez at 3B. Guys just hits. Every team every time. Yea he isn't going to put up 50 or 60 HR's, but 30+ with a BA over 300 and OB over .360. A great middle of the order hitter, yet to give me a bad season.

Well those are mine, who are yours?
geekor

Postby lev.cohen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:10 pm

I have a team in a forming league right now but ill give u some names in a few days
lev.cohen

Postby keyzick » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Well, in a slightly different category, I'd say Jacoby Ellsbury and Carlos Beltran

Yeah, yeah, I know, they come with a price (especially Ellsbuary). But they always deliver...something I haven't witnessed from some other high-priced cards like Tulo, Votto, and even Miggy. Don't know why, cause they have great cards, but every year seems like some great cards underperform.

Now, favorite value guys, in terms of outpeforming their price tag:

Jason Donald...$2.18M, multiple positions, solid D, always hovers around .300 and kills lefties.

Michael Cuddyer...$4.17M, I think of him as a poor man's Hunter Pence...great consistent output
keyzick

Favorite Value Guys

Postby lev.cohen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:41 am

First off, I don't like Reed Johnson as much as some of you. Here are his stats thru 400 AB's in a league of mine: .254 .330 .348 with 19 doubles, 4 HR, 115 K's and 6 errors. Not too good.

C: Mike Napoli. He is pretty damn expensive, but by far the best C. He produces every time, in my experience. Just get a Cervelli like backup.

1B: Prince Fielder. If you want someone who will give you 40 homers and a .900+ OPS without getting injured, Prince is your man.

2B: Michael Young. Young gives .380+ OBP, great to plug into your #2 spot. Another 2B option is a platoon with Jemile Weeks (in a pitchers park) or Jason Kipnis (in a hitters park) and Jason Donald

3B:I agree with Geekor in that Aramis Ramirez is a great buy. Ramirez posts a near .900 OPS in most leagues, and in 2 of my leagues he has 40+ homers. Only downside is bad defense, but it is worth it

SS: Reyes/Hardy. Reyes is more valuable than Hardy because he can be plugged into the leadoff spot or the #2. But if you are looking for a middle of the lineup SS with good defense, don't look past Hardy.

LF: Berkman (if he counts there). Lance Berkman is a great offensive guy who you can hit 3rd and expect great things from. Of course he doesn't have good defense, but Berkman has the best OBP and second best OPS of any LF, and is 3 mill less than Braun.

CF: None (maybe Bourjos since he raked for me in one league). CF is kind of black and white. You know you are in for a stellar performance if you get Kemp or Ells, but even guys like McCutchen, Victorino and Granderson struggle.

RF: Carlos Beltran. Always produces, card should be more like 8.75 IMO. Of RF's I'd only rather have Bautista.

DH: Carlos Quentin. Quentin is a good bat, and he has raked in the few leagues I've been in.

SP: Daniel Hudson. Good in hitters parks for a low price.
lev.cohen

Re: Best Value cards

Postby coyote303 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:34 pm

[quote:b12075bff4="geekor"]Ok, so I have no more credits, so I don't care what info I give out anymore.

So who are the guys that really seem to stand out for you.

Me?

Y Gallardo. By Far and away. He ends up being my best pitcher, even though he is 3rd, ever single time. Guys just does well. Yea he gives up some HR's, but whip and ERA always stay low for me.

H Kuroda is the same. Not pretty (no K's like Gallardo) but seems to keep a sub 4 era and sub 1.3 whip on the cheap, just gets me wins.

On the hitting side, it's no secret I love Reed Johnson. plays either LF or RF, and just performs, team in team out. .280+, .340+ and will hit 40+ 2B's and 20+ HR's. Just solid for 5 mil.

Also, it's know by now who my #1 pick is every team I play. J Reyes. Has speed, BA, OB, Triples, doubles and some HR pop. Guys ends up 300 BA, .360+ OB and typically over .500 slugging. Best 1/2 hitter in the set.

Last but not least, I love me some Aramis Ramirez at 3B. Guys just hits. Every team every time. Yea he isn't going to put up 50 or 60 HR's, but 30+ with a BA over 300 and OB over .360. A great middle of the order hitter, yet to give me a bad season.

Well those are mine, who are yours?[/quote:b12075bff4]

I appreciate you sharing, Geekor, but I hope this doesn't mean you're through for good. :(
coyote303

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Michael Young
Jason Kipnis
Lou Marson (vs. lefties)
Jason Bartlett ( a good backup)
Jose Reyes
Elvis Andrus
Coco Crisp
Angel Pagen (good backup)
Ichiro Suzuki (batting 9th)
Jason Bourgeois (in LF vs. lefties)
Jason Donald (at 2B in a platoon vs. lefties)
RICHARDMILTER

Re: Best Value cards

Postby geekor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:59 pm

[quote:eae21b8723="coyote303"]
I appreciate you sharing, Geekor, but I hope this doesn't mean you're through for good. :([/quote:eae21b8723]

Mah I used to have 30+ teams every season. Now I buy 1 5-pack per season and that's it.

I used to play an old game occasionally (cheaper) and if I won credits use that towards the newer games.

The fact that I have no luck anymore here (don't matter if the team wins 100 or less, guaranteed 1st round exit), means no free credits.

I just don't have the disposal income to waste here with 2 kids compared to 0 like before :P
geekor

Postby nevdully's » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Bicycle, Hoyle.
nevdully's

Postby Salty » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 pm

[quote:99ab388401="nevdully's"]Bicycle, Hoyle.[/quote:99ab388401]
:D :D
Would that be the joker?
Salty

Postby pikesvilleal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Todd Frazier as an injury backup.
pikesvilleal