Championship Round Seed

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Championship Round Seed

Postby TomSiebert » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am

Amazingly, I've won the East division of Semi's League 1 from the #36 seed (which I only got because the #37 guy had a player penalty). In the seeding for the Championship round, are these points averaged in to the previous five? Or do I just hold my #36 seed?

FWIW, and I know it'll slow down the process, we might consider making the semi's round a live draft, too, in the new SOM-sponsored world. A good portion of the reason for my win has got to be attributed to getting the draft I submitted, plus a couple good FA pickups that other people dropped. (Then again, my worst performance came in the $100MM league where I got like two of my top ten guys and did abysmally, so maybe it works out).

tws
TomSiebert

Postby mesquiton » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Nice job! Semis scores are not included, semis determine only who the finalists are, and do not otherwise affect seeds. As further reward for overall tourney performance, seeds carry over for the finals, with the highest seed getting first choice of draft position for the finals live draft.

[quote:aeac7ec6fc]IV. Champions League

The 12 Managers that advance from the Semi-Finals round (see conditions above) will play in a year-end Champions League to determine the overall Champion. The format for the Champions League is: $80 million salary cap, DH, 16-round live draft, unique ballparks. The draft order will be determined by your overall standings in the Tournament. The #1 player in point totals will be given his "choice" of draft order, and then the #2 player will choose his "choice" of draft order and on down the line until each player has a draft position. We will not use lotto picks for the Champions League. This is to give due rewards for your overall tournament placement.[/quote:aeac7ec6fc]

FWIW, I agree live drafts in the Semis would be an improvement. The lack of live drafts might be the biggest flaw in the current format, the issue comes up every year, but the tourney has never gotten underway early enough in recent years to make it practical. It's finishing too late this year even without live drafts. I think the Commish had initially planned for live drafts this year, but as usual the tourney got started too late.
mesquiton

Postby thisisdan26 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 pm

I will leave it up to the Champions league participants to decided on the live draft or auto draft. I'd like to see a live draft because that is the way it is written in the rules, however, I understand if managers want to get this started ASAP with the new cards coming out soon.

A live draft can be completed quickly if the managers cooperate and check in, use other TSN members to make picks, or set proxies.

I will make a separate thread with Champions League info
thisisdan26

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:22 am

Shouldn't we do this now? Haven't all playoffs started?
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Jack377 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:12 am

Agree. No reason to wait since playoffs don't affect it. Plus, need to get started before someone realizes how lucky I was to win my division...
Jack377

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:44 pm

You? What about me? I tied for the wildcard and tied with the head-to-head and won only on point differential.
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Jack377 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:17 pm

I won by a game or two but had to win 9 of 10 at the end to get a tough division: McSoupy, Morpheus, and Spider (last year's champ)...tough one.
Jack377

Jack can chose his Draft Position

Postby thisisdan26 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:55 pm

8. Jack377 (Min Maid, Dodger, Angels, Tropicana, Fenway)
9. edgecitytx (Coors, Miller, Yankee, Rangers, Wrigley)
13. Detroit-Tigers (Miller, US Cell, Grt Amer, Camden, Coors)
14. gepes (Camden, Grt Amer, Wrigley, Chase, Nationals)
16. salmonbellies (Kauffman, Camden, Min Maid, Dodger, Citi)
17. thisisray (Target, PNC, Miller, Angels, Petco)
20. spicki17 (Grt Amer, McAfee, Rangers, Camden, Safeco)
22. The Turtle (Miller, Target, PNC, AT&T, Comerica)
24. Fulty (Min Maid, Yankee, Kauffman, Coors, AT&T)
30. hendrix08 (Tropicana, AT&T, Petco, Chase, US Cell)
33. ehlekev (Citizen's, Petco, Coors, Target, US Cell)
36. TomSiebert (AT&T, Target, Yankee, Citizen's, Angels)

Jack is up to pick his Live Draft position, then edgecity, and so on
thisisdan26

Postby thisisdan26 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Also...can someone please confirm that Hendrix won the East in League 1...I saw that he tied with Jeep in record but I cannot see the head to head.
thisisdan26

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:35 pm

[quote:fd8668304c="thisisdan26"]Also...can someone please confirm that Hendrix won the East in League 1...I saw that he tied with Jeep in record but I cannot see the head to head.[/quote:fd8668304c] I confirm hendrix in Jeep out.
Detroit-Tigers

Return to --- Player's Championship