AL/NL - consider changing format next year

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

AL/NL - consider changing format next year

Postby travelingjack » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 am

So, it should not be that difficult for people to remember to only use their league's players/stadiums but it seems like violations be they accidental or intentional happen a lot (including yours truly last night :oops: , already going senile at 42). For next year's pc's I suggest a different format for that event be considered.
travelingjack

Postby TomSiebert » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:47 pm

I disagree. I like the AL/NL only format a great deal. Perhaps the best response is to lobby the Strat Gods to somehow allow players to categorize players by leagues, or set up specific AL/NL league jurisdictions.

My only suggestion would be to remove the DH rule for the NL leagues.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby the splinter » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:29 am

I really dont see the problem with remembering and following the rules of the league.
the splinter

Postby travelingjack » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:27 am

I like the theme but there should be a way for strat to categorize the players so you can't pick up the wrong players/stadiums. Yeah it should be easy to remember the rules but if you have multiple teams plus real life pressures it's easy to forget. Also, there are apparently one or two owners who are intentionally violating the rules.
travelingjack

Postby gstanis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:20 pm

I made a request 4 times to change my stadium prior to my league starting and it fell on deaf ears. Now I'm screwed for a simple mistake.
gstanis

Postby TomSiebert » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:58 am

Though the Commissioner made the query in the League 5 thread, this seems the better place to answer.

Despite the handful of rule-breaking players, I like the NL/AL specific leagues for the tournament, with a $60MM cap. I do think the penalty should be reduced to 10% or escalate 5/10/20% over the season's course.

One "Unleashed" league would be fun, too, probably best saved for the last league of the tournament before the finalists are determined.

tws
TomSiebert

Return to --- Player's Championship