2011 P.C. New and Updates

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

2011 P.C. New and Updates

Postby thisisdan26 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:38 am

Just got word from Bernie that he's working on the Tourney homepage so that should up and running soon.

We are also discussing the Events to be included this year.

Obviously the main ones will return (80M DH, 60M no DH, 100M DH)

But I'm looking for suggestions or just a general feel about other events. I'm hoping to have around 5 or 6 events.

Some we're considering are a Live Draft (on diamonddope so a clock is ON)
also an AL/NL league (choose one) or I'm open to any other ideas!! PLEASE contribute to the process, it is the PLAYERS championship.
thisisdan26

Postby FRANKZAHN » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:19 pm

what about a 24 team league for one of the events?
FRANKZAHN

Postby Spider 67 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 pm

,I,n addition to the first three Dan listed, I would like to see a Live Draft (probably 15 rounds plus auto for last 10 picks like in the Finals), an 80 M no DH and a second 80 M DH. 6 teams with a must-use 5.

I like 24 team leagues, but think it will be difficult to fill quickly.
Spider 67

Postby mesquiton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 pm

I agree with Spider, a tune-up live draft to give everybody the practice, preferably an early event, so as not to screw up the tourney schedule too much in the end if a league takes forever.

Also a vote for live drafts in the semis as well as the finals, if time allows...but let's finish the tourney before the new cards come out.

With more events, bring back dropping low score/skipping an event for those who can't/don't want to participate in all events.

Agree that 24-team leagues are cool, but probably not great for the tourney. Filling that last league could take forever and require a lot more fillers, with a bunch of folks left out altogether if their league missed a deadline.

Unless live-drafted, 24-teamers (imo) also depend a lot more on the luck of the draft, can be impossible to overcome a bad draft, and with only half as many winners could make luck even more of a tourney factor than it already is.
mesquiton

Postby thisisdan26 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:38 pm

I spoke with Bernie earlier this week and we discussed the idea of a live draft. I love the idea of it, but I know there's a good chunk of people out there who absolutely despise live drafts (mostly because of the few managers who go MIA during them and slow things down).

But, I think it is a good idea to have the Semis AND the Finals as live draft leagues. Unless I get some serious opposition on that, that's most likely the way we'll go.
thisisdan26

Postby thisisdan26 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm

I will be creating leagues for Event 1 sometime tonight or tomorrow. I would advise anyone that wants to get started right away to have their teams prepared!

Just a reminder for Event 1:
$80M, DH, 20% Drop

I will be posting the passwords on the P.C. boards so check back here!!

Also, if you have not yet sent me your email, PLEASE do so as I will be sending out any important info and messages about this years tour VIA EMAIL. Thanks guys and have fun!
thisisdan26

Um, dare I ask?

Postby SteadyEddie33 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:07 pm

RP innings limit for this year is...? :?
SteadyEddie33

Postby edgecitytx » Wed May 11, 2011 2:10 pm

answered on the Players Championship page, Eddie, under "Rules".
edgecitytx

Return to --- Player's Championship