QUESTION FOR THE COMMISH: STADIUMS FOR SEMIS AND FINALS

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

QUESTION FOR THE COMMISH: STADIUMS FOR SEMIS AND FINALS

Postby cristano1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 am

how does the stadium thing work for the semis and the finals? does the stadium have to be one that hasnt been used yet, or can there be repeats? for example, say i used USCELL in event 1. can i reuse it in the semis? the finals? both? neither?
cristano1

Postby mesquiton » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:29 pm

[quote:9221d3ea0b]X. Ballpark Requirement

Managers will be required to play in a different ballpark for each Event of the Tournament Schedule, including the Champions League. You may not pick the same park twice.[/quote:9221d3ea0b]
mesquiton

Postby cummings2 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks for the assist (and all the many others by now :) ) Mesq.

Yes, that is the case, different ballaprks for every event, including semis and finals.

C2
cummings2

ANOTHER Stadium question

Postby TomSiebert » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:16 am

Since it looks like I'm going to at least lock down one of the final spots, I have a question.

Is it possible to change your stadium after the autodraft? What if you go in with one strategy based on a singular stadium but somebody else beats you to the players.

For example (one I've already used and failed), I pick Camden Yards as my homefield and try to draft Manny, Crede, etc., a bunch of RHs who kill RH pitching. I don't get them. Can I change my stadium?

Thank you!

tws
TomSiebert

Postby AeroDave10 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Just like any other league, I think you would have to get league approval from the other 11 managers to change stadiums after the auto-draft, and given the circumstances, I doubt they would all agree to that.
AeroDave10

Postby TexasKen » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

What is the penalty in the semi and finals for picking the same park? The other managers in your division, should choose the park...

Regards,
Ken
TexasKen

Postby cummings2 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:55 pm

I think changing stadiums after the draft is not really an option, not to be a tough nut about it but its really all part of the strategy, the planning, the fun and the process of winning the championship.

As far as penalties, well, I'd hope that all of us being here for the fun and the camaraderie won't resort to choosing the same park knowing that we're not supposed to. I would say that if a manager knowingly repeats parks in the semis he/she will be disqualified for the finals and if in the finals someone chooses repeats a park he/she will be disqualified as well.

Hope this answers the questions.

C2
cummings2

Postby TomSiebert » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Totally cool w/ the "you picked it, you got it" rule; I just wanted to ask the question because it will definitely play into my strategy when drafting a team/stadium, particularly after said strategy blew up in my face during the Camden/RH bats disaster I had in round #4.

As for the "re-picked" stadium disqualification, I agree 100%.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby AeroDave10 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Along those lines then, I would like to remind all semi-finalists to take a few minutes and review their qualifying round teams to refresh their memories about what stadiums they have already selected.
AeroDave10

Postby cummings2 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 pm

Absolutely AD, When the final seedings are set, I will post not only the league assignments and but also the parks used to make sure we're all on the same page. :)

C2
cummings2

Next

Return to --- Player's Championship