Newbie advice thread

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:44 pm

strat.berce.us

oops...link doesn't work...will come back when I'll have the good address.
MARCPELLETIER

Ballpark Settings

Postby STEVEPONEDAL » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:47 pm

http://strato.berce.us/

Marcus,

Thanks, I remembered the berce. I got it to work.

Thanks

spone
STEVEPONEDAL

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:55 pm

Bumping to the top again
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby visick » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:26 pm

Gonna give this a bump and include my 2 cents...
(Sorry if it's been mentioned before...)

If everything does work out for you and you manage to be in contention heading into the final 2 weeks of the season...This is what I do:

1. I look back at the 1st week of the season and see what I did. Remember, you are playing against your division again at the end of the season. Check each game against your division teams. Take alot at the splits against them.

2. The deadline for moves is game 142. Either trade a player or 2 to help your team improve against your divisional teams OR worst case scenario, drop a guy or 2 to help you.

For instance...

Let's say your team really suffered vs. left-handed pitching OR your staff saw alot of lefty batters in the 1st. week of the season. Well guess what, here come the lefties again. And what are you gonna do this time?

Me? I'd trade for a guy that hits lefties well OR I'd trade for a lefty in the rotation. If I couldn't trade, I would drop a player for another one that could help me, BEFORE game # 142.
visick

Postby 1crazycanuk » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:49 pm

I dropped Loretta and Pierre to get ready for the final two weeks.
1crazycanuk

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:34 am

I'd never really thought of it like that. I just checked how many lefties I was likely to face in my division but hadn't seriously thought about changing my team to fit who I will face. Good Idea.
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby visick » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:37 am

TY.

I'm in a league right now, in the 5th. week of play and during the 1st. week of play, my team faced TWICE as many LH's as RH's.

For whatever reason, I didn't either count right (duh), or I didn't look at the transaction wire right before the season started to see who added/dropped SP's.

Now I know as we come close to the deadline, I could use a lefty killer... :twisted:

This shouldn't be a major overhaul to your team especially if you are in contention down the stretch. Just a bit of fine tuning with a trade OR an add/drop.
visick

Postby 1crazycanuk » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:53 pm

Here's newbie advice....if every one of your teams looks promising and ends up sucking...it may be time to retire. I have thought about packing it in and not playing anymore. :cry:
1crazycanuk

Postby visick » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:03 pm

Hang in there canuck.

It took me a bunch of seasons, before I finally won the big one.
visick

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy