New team help 06

New team help 06

Postby DavidRis » Wed May 31, 2006 12:58 am

I haven't been around or playing for awhile....who are the steals for the 06 game? What about the biggest disapointments???
Any opinions from the experts?
Ris
8)
DavidRis

Postby DavidRis » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:25 am

Come on guys, help a brother out. I'm just wondering who the bombs are that I should avoid, and some pleasent suprises so far. I'm not asking for the keys to the city or anything, just some tips!
:D
I heard Carpender is a good choice for pitching thus far, and not to take mulder. What about Cliff Lee, anyone had him? Seems like a good bargin.

Anybody with experience w/ A-Rod, should I use him at short? What about Roberts vs. Lee....love those doubles. Oh and Rowand or Pods....bargins or duds????

where's penngray when I need him! He taught me how to play this game! (in theory)
:roll:
DavidRis

Postby cummings2 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:20 am

I think there's a thread in the main forum called something like M. Sweeney and other 06 dissapointments... you should get some good names to avoid there :wink:
cummings2

Postby LMBombers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:08 am

Brian Roberts is a bum for the money. Derrick Lee is worth every penny. I've seen mixed results from Pujols. Konerko doesn't produce for the money either IMO. Cliff Lee is pretty decent for the salary.

Penngray is no longer active in this game. If he taught you winning strategies in the past then those same strategies should still work for you now. I'm sure you know how to match cards with your stadium choice without going overboard so that you are demolished on the road. That is the whole key to the game. Have a lineup that plays to your park and can still play .500 ball on the road. That is a winning strategy. Sometimes that is easier said than done though. :P
LMBombers

Thanks!

Postby DavidRis » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:45 pm

Thanks guys! That's why I love this game.....even if I haven't won a championship yet!
I'm trying to win with a fenway team....so we'll see.
:)
DavidRis

Return to Strategy