Need trade advice urgently

Need trade advice urgently

Postby Minoso Express » Tue May 09, 2006 9:39 pm

My first Strat 2006 team, and I'm in Petco. Starting rotation: Smoltz, Garland, Oswalt, Garcia.

Varitek, Konerko, Grudzielanek, Figgins, Jeter, Burrell, Carlos Lee, Andrew Jones and Geoff Jenkins are my position players.

I have been offered Adam Dunn in exchange for Konerko. Would any of you make this trade and if so, why? I'm intrigued by Dunn but am not convinced that it would be wise to make this swap for Petco.

Other parks in my division are: Coors, Safeco, and PNC.

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the help.
Minoso Express

Postby markp65 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:18 pm

ME - I'd make the deal as long as you're not set to face TONS of LHP in your division. You could use a pure lefty banger. You've already got lots of RH power and nice protection vs LHP...

Jeter
Figgy
Burrell
Dunn
AJones
Jenkins
Grudz
Varitek
CLee
markp65

Postby Minoso Express » Tue May 09, 2006 11:34 pm

30% of the pitching I'll face in my division is LHP-- by far the highest percentage of lefties (30%) in any division. 12 lefties in my division and the other three divisions combined have 17 total lefties. Would you still make the trade?

And thanks for the batting order suggestions. I can use all the help I can get.
Minoso Express

Postby Minoso Express » Wed May 10, 2006 8:10 pm

I took the trade, and thanks for the advice. You're absolutely right. I can swap Jones for Jason Bay. Totally different scenario. I lose defense with Bay, but gain speed, a little OPB, shift in power. Would this work in Petco or best to stick with Jones?
Minoso Express

Postby LMBombers » Thu May 11, 2006 5:40 am

I would get rid of Carlos Lee for your team as well. His defense sucks and his power will be muted in Petco. Get someone with a higher BA and/or OBP with better defense. That shouldn't be too hard to find for Lee's salary. You don't want to get rid of all your power but your park is better set up for doubles hitters, high BA/OBP rather than sluggers.
LMBombers

Return to Strategy