How many late-inning defense replacements is too many?

How many late-inning defense replacements is too many?

Postby pedakrla » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:48 am

I have the ability to insert late-inning defensive replacements at 2 positions with my latest 1969 team: Edwards at C for Sanguillen, and Rojas at 2B for Boswell or Versalles. Before I dropped Maxvill, I could have had 3 positions with defensive replacements.

My gut tells me 2 positions is OK, but 3 is too many. That's why I dropped Maxvill. That, and his offense is so atrocious that I was afraid whatever disease he has would infect my other bats. At least with Edwards and Rojas, I'm pretty sure they're up there swinging a bat and not a pool cue.

It probably goes without saying, but my concern about having too many defensive replacements is, if the other team does come back, I need to have some offense in the game.

Anybody have any experience, good or bad, to share? Thanks. Here's the team.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/1969/team/team_other.html?user_id=23763
pedakrla

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:10 pm

[quote:5b95bed090]It probably goes without saying, but my concern about having too many defensive replacements is, if the other team does come back, I need to have some offense in the game. [/quote:5b95bed090]

Yeah, but you play in Anaheim stadium, and your pitching is rather solid: so the chances of comebacks are rather limited.

Plus, Hal usually waits for the final at-bat to make the defensive change, so the cost is not too big.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby pedakrla » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:56 am

Thanks, marcus. I appreciate the input.
pedakrla

Return to Strategy