Need help getting HAL to choose best replacement

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:28 pm

Unfortunately, it`s not all that simple.

I have a 2006 team with Bigbie (some hrs), Mohr (lots of homeruns) and Kapler (virtually no homeruns) as my back-ups in outfield (all can play the three fields). Up to now, Bigbie is always the one selected when Hal needs an of back-up, in any field. Not a single time did Hal choose any other two (except for pinch-hit....this is a pitcher`s league).

I even tried something: I put my regular cf---Hunter---off the lineup and left a blind spot at cf. Well, Hal chose Bigbie over Hunter!!!!

Strange fact, in all cases, Bigbie was placed second in the line-up. Perhaps Bigbie`s bunting ability (B) was the reason why he was chosen!!!
MARCPELLETIER

Postby The Biomechanical Man » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:54 pm

weird
The Biomechanical Man

Postby rgimbel » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:31 am

[quote:c1efa33f78="geekor"]That's why, except in the OF, I don't like to carry multiple position bench guys really, unless they are there to cover multiple positions alone.

If you only have 1 bench guy that can cover 2b, he will surely be used, etc.[/quote:c1efa33f78]

excellent point however hal can screw up even the best of plans I have only one backup of Mckraken. when conine went down instead of simply putting him in left for connine he moved my starting cf Wilkerson to lf and put Mckracken in cf.
rgimbel

Postby The Biomechanical Man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:39 pm

Well, I tried manipulating HAL's thinking, but it didn't work. He kept bringing in Bruntlett vs. righties instead of Hairston. I dropped Bruntlett and picked up a backup outfielder instead. Backup 2B is all Hairston's now.

rgimbel, far too often HAL does what you mentioned; namely bring in a sub and put the sub and his teammates in the worst possible defensive combo. It probably didn't hurt you too badly, but that's why I avoid players with 5e16 as one of their listed positions.
The Biomechanical Man

Previous

Return to Strategy