Help me get rid of Jose Hernandez!

Help me get rid of Jose Hernandez!

Postby CHARLESBELL » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:57 pm

Need some help determining if I should get rid of my experiment at 3b, Jose hernandez, and if so who should I replace him with? This is a 2005 team. My last.

My most likely (and affordable) options are: feliz, carroll, and glaus.
There are some others available but they would outside my price range unless I did something radical: lamb, wright, branyan, blake, for example.

Team: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=57825

Lineups

vs RHP
clark, brady
drew
edmonds
bay
huff
hernandez
perez, tomas
cota
furcal

vs LHP
clark
drew
hernandez
edmonds
bay
huff
perez
cots
furcal

I am in Ameriquest, but I have two sheas and a petco in my div. There is a good sprinkling of hitters parks in the rest of the league. I am facing twice as many RHP as LHP after 30 games.

Feliz is more balanced that hernandez with less OBP. Carroll would improve my OBP while giving up power. Glaus is overall the better hitter but is inj5 and I will have to go down to 13 hitters to acquire any of the three, which give me injury nightmares.

Recommendations?
CHARLESBELL

Postby cummings2 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:20 pm

CH-ch-ch-ch-cha-a-a-aaar-r-r-r-rlie-e-e-e

Come out and plaaaaaayyyyyyy :P

The coolest '05 name: Team and Manager.

It always makes me think '[i:2453f3496e]Dang[/i:2453f3496e] how come I didn't think of it first.

Good to have you back Charlie. Would give you my two cents...but then again for that I'd just use league mail 8)
cummings2

Postby CHARLESBELL » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:48 pm

:D

Now why did I have this strong feeling that you would turn up in here?

Did you see AF Dickie's team and name? Very cool, too, and he's doing better than my team is.

I'm hoping your advice is that you are trading me chavez . . . :wink:
CHARLESBELL

Postby cummings2 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:25 pm

I know. 8)

Air Force is always a cool one, I knew I was in trouble the moment he joined (out for some payback against me) but when I saw he came in with The Riffs and Cyrus...well...it ceased to be "I'm in trouble" it was more of a "I'm done for" :wink:

über-cool way of ending '05.

I'm soooooo glad I didn't go with my original name of Rogues and Luther then I'd REALLY be in deep bantha poo-doo.

At least I got a cool tribute to the master of cools with my team.

BTW, not to be like the bat-computer of the batman TV show (always answering in riddles) but I think you can package an SP and Hernandez to a team or two in the west. They might have some use for it and you could re-fit your SPs towards your division. Look into it, maybe I'm wrong though.
cummings2

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:54 pm

Glaus > all
Detroit-Tigers

Return to Strategy